• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Hubbard Changes

A

AQH

Nobody is going to comment on Movin's new catchphrase, Seattle's #1 Hit Music Station?

Nobody noticed Kim Monroe on Rock 98.9?

Is Stacey Ireland is heading to Factoria?

Sorry...I didn't notice Marc.

Seattle's Number 1 Hit music station... really wasn't that KUBE back in the 90's then KISS, so it's really not new and it's a relative term. So boring. The track record at 98.9 is not good. Sure you can bring in some big name but will it translate to ratings? Ask Jackie Cunningham how that worked out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed the new slogan several weeks ago, and it finally is on a station where it's actually true. When Kiss picked up that slogan, Movin was just starting to beat them. Hopefully Power can overtake them and then pick up the slogan. Imo however, X #1 hit music station is the most overused slogan in the industry.

Nobody is going to comment on Movin's new catchphrase, Seattle's #1 Hit Music Station?

No, but I left it as a news tip for CNN. Wolf Blitzer should be suspending regular programming by now.

No, but I left it as a news tip for CNN. Wolf Blitzer should be suspending regular programming by now.

Hey now, leave Wolf alone! He epitomizes the phrase "it's hip to be square"!

Besides, MSNBC needs the news tips more than CNN. They need to keep Brian Williams busy so he doesn't make more stuff up. :rolleyes:

It's bigger than Brexit, that's all I know....

One more to add: David Lee is off, there is a new station voice on Rock 98.9. Sounds better than Lee.

Last edited:
I heard the new guy and don't like him for the format. He sounds totally wrong on a rock station.

It's the same guy who voiced the Click IDs. They had to settle for him because their instinctive first choice for a David Lee VO replacement, Diane Rehm, was out for a while and they needed them done ASAP. Or at least that's the rumor.

It's the same guy who voiced the Click IDs. They had to settle for him because their instinctive first choice for a David Lee VO replacement, Diane Rehm, was out for a while and they needed them done ASAP. Or at least that's the rumor.

I just about spit up my coffee imagining Diane Rehm voicing a rock station.

I mean, she'll be retired soon. I thought with that our long national nightmare of having to listen to her voice would be over. But perhaps she has a second wind...

David Lee's the same one who does all of those monster truck ads, right? "Saturday, (insert date here), TACOMA DOME!!"
Yeah, that crazy guy has taken over the intros of the news on "KVEW-42/KAPP-35". Seriously? Worst fit for a news announcer...ever. I'd rather hear anyone who has experience announcing these programs. Charlie Van Dyke is 100x better.

Does anyone know why they replaced him so quickly? Also, speaking of changes at Hubbard, what the heck is new about Warm 106.9? I really don't understand why they started referring to themselves as the new Warm 106.9 around the first of the year. You're not new!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom