• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Chilly Billy Cardille

Lori Cardille Reports to PBRTV her Father is I'll and Asking for cards sent to him. Chilly Billy c/o Century Communications 313 East Carson Street Pittsburgh PA 15219

He was also known outside the Pittsburgh market as the host of the WWWF's (now WWE) weekly wrestling show from Philadelphia in the late '60s and early '70s, which he did in addition to his local Pittsburgh wrestling show. It was seen throughout the Northeast. Vince McMahon replaced him in 1972.

Hope he gets well soon. Was very impressed to hear him interviewed after the WJAS format change and say
"Today I am without a job for the first time since 1954!" Now THAT'S a professional!

He also worked here in Erie, PA in the 1950s at WICU-TV.

Sad to know Chilly Billy passed away last week.

Thankfully, I think you can still see some of his cuts online. When you do, you'll see a very smooth and friendly character. I mean really smooth. If you feel you're saying "uh" or "um" too many times on the air, take a look at the old Bill Cardille bits and try to model your pattern of speaking after him.

What I find impressive about him is that he does perform a very funny character without becoming a clown, and that's not always easy to do. You could go from seeing him do a corny skit one time, but then still trust him to give you the weather on the news. Again, like I said, really smooth.

Pittsburgh has lost its greatest living broadcasting icon.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom