• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

96.5 TIC and American Top 40

I don't live in the area so I don't normally get TIC, but last Sunday night I was able to pick it up via Tropo here in the Boston area. I couldn't help but notice that they still have 80s reruns of Casey Kasems American Top 40. I'm quite surprised they still do. How long have they had it for? I noticed that most of the music played on TIC is from 2000 and up. They don't even play a lot of 90s music. Do you think the show could move to WRCH?

When does it air on Sunday nights? I remember hearing it was on either Saturday or Sunday mornings but only aired the top-30 in that timeslot.

WTIC-FM 96.5 of Hartford airs a condensed 3-hour version each Sunday at 9 PM. They always air the 80s edition. I also heard the show via WTSA-FM 96.7 of Brattleboro, VT when I stayed in town the night of May 28th/29th. Oddly enough, they aired a different year from what WTIC-FM aired! WTSA-FM aired it on Saturday evening. I think they air a 70s version of the show on Sunday evenings.

The show is in wide syndication. heard on many station through-out the US/Canada & even some overseas stations. The reason for the 'different' shows is because there is normally an "A" show or primary show given to affiliates as well as a "B" show for stations who may not wish to air the "A" show. I think theres 1 or 2 stations that actually air both. It's also possible the station forgot to update their automation an simply replayed last weeks show.

I wish they run the four hour show.I catch the 1970's version on 1220 WQUN AM on Saturdays at noon I was so happy that they picked up the show.Its save me looking for a webstream. .Be warn when the Q university sports season starts.The show will get pre empted or get cut off during the show for their sports coverage. . Maybe the Whale get the show from TIC and run the full 4 hour show and maybe I will tune in more to WDRC.I listen to the complete 80's show from out of state stations.

I wouldn't count on WDRC-FM 102.9 to run the show, since it would clash would their current format. As for the entire 4 hours, I wouldn't count on it. WTIC-FM 96.5 has run only 3 hours each week, as long as I can remember.

I'm fairly certain that the 80s edition also runs on WTSA-FM 96.7 of Brattleboro, VT. I heard it when I was there overnight on May 28th/29th, I don't think they stream their station online, however.

As far as I know, they still do. However, with the edited down presentations on the AT40 youtube channel and Sirius/XM 80s on 8 playing their own countdown (based on the Billboard charts), there's little need for the WTIC-FM show these days.

IHeart radio has a Classic American Top 40 station running 24/7. They flip from countdown from the 70s to one from the 80s. At the top of the hour, the ID as an HD-2 station in Austin, Texas.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom