• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

How long will 1330 and 1210 remain silent?

RadioBill

Frequent Participant
KEVT 1210 has been off the air since February and KWFM 1330 has been off since at least December. I realize that AM is in a decline and that 1330 had a challenging signal, but I would think that someone would want to put that 1210 stick back on the air.

Didn't 1330 used to have an FM counterpart (92.9?). Is it still on-air? Different license?

Didn't 1330 used to have an FM counterpart (92.9?). Is it still on-air? Different license?

The two stations are not related in any way. 1330 adopted the KWFM call sign long after 92.9 dropped it. 92.9 is still on the air as KMIY.

After 8 months off the air, KEVT 1210 has been back on the air this week "equipment testing". Playing mostly country classic music. Audio fidelity very good for AM. I hope its a sign of things to come.

1330 is still silent...almost a year now.

I was dxing with my PR-D5 on Tuesday, 11-1-16 in Mesa and heard John C Scott with what sounded like his first show on the new KEVT. The signal was fair, but definitely in the fringe in East Mesa. Good luck with the station! Sounded very clean.

I'm told by a reliable source that KEVT is being leased to John C. Scott though there's no telling how long that arrangement might last. In many areas of Tucson their night signal is pathetic.
1330 has likely been off the air for over a year which means that it may have lost its license. I'm told that they may have some serious issues with their transmitter site near Sabino Canyon.

A little addendum on 1330. The FCC has a list of stations off the air. KWFM does not appear on that list. Moreover, about two weeks ago KWFM filed an application to change the ownership from Hudson Communications to an LLC. Both Hudson and the new entity are headed by Dr. Stanley Sprei of Yuma. It would appear that the licensee of KWFM never apprised the commission of its being off the air. If the station has been off the air for more than a year there's no license to transfer. Of course if the FCC doesn't know of KWFM's silence all of this is academic.

KWFM returned to the airwaves in late November with the same Star 1330 "hit music" format as in the past. KEVT returned to the air about a month ago as progressive talk with John C. Scott doing the 3-5pm slot. It's good to have CBS hourly newscasts back in the market on KEVT.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom