• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

lp wppm 106.5

E

eddieedwards

Is this station on the air yet, I have been seeing ads for them on the local cable city channels. There xmtr is not too far from my home near the Electric Factory, just North of Center City. I have not heard even a carrier, I still am receiving Thunder Country on 106.5.

Another low power station causing interference. At least it is over a format we already have. Not too long ago, Baltimore was coming in as deep fringe reception.I don't think this will go any further than a few miles interference free.
Is this station on the air yet, I have been seeing ads for them on the local cable city channels. There xmtr is not too far from my home near the Electric Factory, just North of Center City. I have not heard even a carrier, I still am receiving Thunder Country on 106.5.

I am not too far from you in Queen Village, I tried to pick something up on 106.5 and its dead air, in fact, Thunder does not show up in my area, and I am not too far from the so called transmitter location on Willow Street, just checked Radio Locator.

Picked them up tonight, great signal all over Center City and over the bridge in Jersey and down near the stadiums. I thought they were supposed to have a very limited signal, I wonder if Thunder will complain. Of course the format is Hip Hop Gangsta Rap, what else. it kills me when these so called LP stations apply for a license, they always say they are for all the people in the area no matter who they are and will provide public service and information but they always wind up some sort of Urban, the FCC is a joke. Now lets not forget the other move in's, W221D5-92.1/WJFN-LP-92.9/WGGT-LP-92.9/WRGU-LP-92.9/WRLG-LP-92.9/W235CE-94.9(FLAMETHROWER)WQEW-LP-98.5 and W285FF-104.9, I just wonder what formats these will be hummmmmmm.....

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom