• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Atlanta Radio Voiceover Artists

AMFMRadFan

Frequent Participant
Hi everyone! I'm starting a new thread devoted to Atlanta radio VO (VoiceOver) artists. Over the years, through this forum and elsewhere, I have become familiar with various VO artists. I've become familiar with Jeff Davis (national VO artist heard on News 95.5 FM/AM 750 WSB-AM/WSBB-FM), Jim Cutler (national VO artist heard on NewsRadio 106.7 WYAY-FM), Jim Copeland (who filled in for Kelly McCoy a couple of times several years ago on B98.5 WSB-FM), Joanna Reece (who does Sat. afternoons on KISS 104/104.1 FM WALR), and a Heidi somebody. No, I am not talking about Heidi Rew, formerly of 104.7 THE FISH WFSH-FM. The Heidi I'm talking about has a voice similar to Jordan Graye's voice. There is a guy VO artist who I've heard for several years in both TV and radio. Recently, the mystery guy VO artist was in a Blue Bell Ice Cream radio commercial. He uttered the phrase, "Look for Blue Bell Ice Cream Homemade Vanilla in such and such store." This mystery guy VO artist paid Kelly McCoy a visit on Kelly's last day on B98.5 WSB-FM a couple of years ago. I wish either the VO artist would have revealed his name or Kelly could have revealed it, but unfortunately, it never happened. If the Blue Bell Ice Cream radio commercial airs again, would someone please pay attention to the VO line, "Look for Blue Bell Ice Cream in such and such store," and if anyone knows who the VO artist is, would you please post in this thread who that person is? I really appreciate it. Thank you. I know it's not Dan Ratcliffe of 104.7 THE FISH WFSH-FM. I haven't heard Dan as long as I've heard the mystery guy VO artist. I've heard the mystery guy VO artist since the 1990s. Whoever wants to talk about a VO artist heard on Atlanta radio in this thread, you're more than welcome to do so. That is all. Thank you.

Last edited:
Okay everyone. I just heard the mystery VO guy who did the Blue Bell Ice Cream radio commercial do a radio spot for Infiniti cars. Unfortunately, I don't have a quote to go by. He did the entire commercial this time around. Please be on the lookout for the Infiniti radio spot if anyone knows who the mystery VO guy is. I really appreciate it. Thank you.

No, it's not the ad spot for Infiniti of Gwinnett. I just heard an ad spot for Infiniti of Gwinnett. The VO guy for the Infiniti of Gwinnett radio ad has only been with News 95.5 FM/AM 750 WSB-AM/WSBB-FM for only the past 2 or 3 years approximately. Of course, I would like to know who that VO guy is as well. That VO guy has done what seems like tons of radio ads for WSB-AM/WSBB-FM. Did I hear both Infiniti ads on WSB-AM/WSBB-FM? Yes, I did, but I'm sure they're getting airplay on other stations in this market. Anyway, that is all.

No, it's not the ad spot for Infiniti of Gwinnett. I just heard an ad spot for Infiniti of Gwinnett. The VO guy for the Infiniti of Gwinnett radio ad has only been with News 95.5 FM/AM 750 WSB-AM/WSBB-FM for only the past 2 or 3 years approximately. Of course, I would like to know who that VO guy is as well. That VO guy has done what seems like tons of radio ads for WSB-AM/WSBB-FM. Did I hear both Infiniti ads on WSB-AM/WSBB-FM? Yes, I did, but I'm sure they're getting airplay on other stations in this market. Anyway, that is all.

I think you're talking about the Production Director at Cox Radio. I think his name is Cory. You can call over there and get his last name unless someone posts it here.

I think you're talking about the Production Director at Cox Radio. I think his name is Cory. You can call over there and get his last name unless someone posts it here.

His name is Corey Holtzberg. Someone at Cox corrected me. The aforementioned Heidi Mason is the Production Director, but Mr. Holtzberg worked in production under her. Mr. Holtzberg recently left the company.

How long has Heidi been doing the Pikes' spots? Seems like forever. I just love the way she says "begonias."

I think she's been doing the Pike's spots for 20 years. Haven't listened to WSB FM since they went to the hybrid good music/bad music format.
Another Atlanta VO artist is Sandy Weaver. She was working with Moby for a while. But lately she's been doing Southern Sisters Radio on WGKA, which from what I can tell, is a foodie show.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom