• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KTWL 103.5 tower falls

Most all guyed towers that fall, snake around like that, if it was a little twister it was way over the tower wind rating which is most likely around 100 to 130 MPH.
when a tower starts to fall the good guys catch and jerk the tower back and forth until they all give way like a stack of dominos falling, The fulton street tower did fall mostly straight out with the tower top landing on houses on the other side of the property fence 450 ft ? away, but that was because it only had one set of tower anchors and one was knocked out best I can remember, most towers have several sets of anchor points. a self supporting tower like Joe has is the way to go, but you cant over load them which is what happened to His tower and the top 100 ft or so folded over on its self many years ago.

It not a question of if a tower will be hit by lightning, but when, and how strong a strike it is. My tower has been hit many many times the little strikes may blow a breaker or a fuse the one every five to ten years or so the " BIG MAMA " blows up every thing it can find grounded or not, and the inductive pulse fries any phone, dsl, cable tv, door bell or alarm circuit with in one or two hundred yards of the tower. A ground system is kinda like a septic system, if it can handle the "LOAD" it over flows & spills over, back feeding / flowing into neutral circuit of all the wall plug and other circuits.

Correction it Should say, if ground system " cant " handle the load it backs up the neutral circuit.

From the FCC database, the tower is registered to Doug Vernier Telecommunications Consultants.

Joe, posting through his "other account" (First Fone 65) seems absolutely convinced it is owned by Roy Henderson.

Robert, I don't have another account, but I know the gentleman who is posting. He operates one of area's LPFMs... If he wants to say who he is, that's up to him...

I know who he is. His "LPFM" station is currently off-the-air. A little bird told me John Lander was not amused to learn he was being propagated on a pirate radio station, falsely IDing as KKBQ.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom