• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KJKK HD3 flips to classic country

I realize it's an HD3 format that only a handful of people will hear over the air, but I did want to note that KJKK 100.3 HD3 is now a classic country format. It had been Indie-Verse, kind of a college and indie rock station. Interestingly enough, there are some people on the Indie-Verse Facebook page commenting about this switch. (clearly not happy about it either) If I read it right, the Indie-Verse format was ONLY on KJKK.

I am surprised, in a way, they would make this switch. If you're looking for a format to attract a desirable demo, I would think a college/indie rock format would fit better than classic country.

It seems like they must want to try to get an audience for this station. Unlike a lot of the other HD-only formats, this one has commercials. They're probably PI spots, but it is unusual to hear commercials on a lot of these formats.

What's the name of it, tested? Given how your 107-5 KMVK already rebroadcasts our 101-1 KLOL on the HD2, and vice versa, I wonder if CBS isn't just piping in KIKK Country Classics from down here over KJKK HD3? KIKK does have commercials.

They just call it Classic Country and they mention KJKK HD3 in the same liners. I don't think it's just a rebroadcast of KIKK.

What a shame it's on an HD-3. I've wished for a classic country OTA outlet around here for quite awhile now.

Wonder if they'll eventually try it on a translator (if there's even one available)?

They're not broadcasting online either (it broadcasts the classic country format instead). So sad, we lost our indie rock station. Was beginning to get back to listening to them. Hope KXT doesn't go away either. They're the closest to being our indie rock station now.

The format flip took me by surprised today as well. No wonder I couldn't see the playlist history over the weekend on The Indie-Verse's website. I hope 91.7 KXT and "iHeart Eclectic" (formerly "World Class Rock") on 92.5 HD2 don't go away either.

I noticed that about... 6 months (?) ago when it happened. That actually made quite a bit of sense to me. 107.5 is a weak signal compared to 103.7.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom