• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Where's Stacy Ireland?

On or about 5/9/2016 I notice she was not on the afternoon shift and Nate Conners is now in her spot.
She's been a part of the KZOK family since 1994 ...ect.
This inquiring mind wants to know...Where she go?

Oh, I'm sure SOMEONE knows, but they probably aren't one of those who frequents these boards. If y'all are so curious, why not call KZOK and ask for Carey Curelop.

I'm not so sure about that with Carey Curelop. I emailed him right after Steve Slaton was let go from KZOK and Curelop wouldn't confirm or deny anything other than to say he knew Slaton would be humbled by the support. (I found the email I sent from 2008.) I'm guessing due to personnel rules/laws, Curelop can't say what happened to Stacy.

I'm not so sure about that with Carey Curelop. I emailed him right after Steve Slaton was let go from KZOK and Curelop wouldn't confirm or deny anything other than to say he knew Slaton would be humbled by the support. (I found the email I sent from 2008.) I'm guessing due to personnel rules/laws, Curelop can't say what happened to Stacy.

OR....maybe just basic decency? Even though we are in the internet age, we do not need to know every tawdry detail of everything.

On or about 5/9/2016 I notice she was not on the afternoon shift and Nate Conners is now in her spot.
She's been a part of the KZOK family since 1994 ...ect.
This inquiring mind wants to know...Where she go?

don't know where she went, but Nate Connors now has the shift. Nice to see a longtime, creative and steady evening jock promoted.

The discussion at the time when Slaton was released in 2008 was that Curelop was simply following orders from corporate. He didn't make that call.

I'm happy that Nate Connors got the spot. I enjoy listening to him. Also happy Dale Roberts has the evening spot. But I do wish that Stacy Ireland had gotten some kind of send off. She's been such a fixture at the station for so long. It would have been nice for people to say goodbye. Makes me wonder if this was the result of a contract dispute.

I'm happy that Nate Connors got the spot. I enjoy listening to him. Also happy Dale Roberts has the evening spot. But I do wish that Stacy Ireland had gotten some kind of send off. She's been such a fixture at the station for so long. It would have been nice for people to say goodbye. Makes me wonder if this was the result of a contract dispute.

I heard that she's taking time off to be a stay at home mommy.. I believe it was Carey that posted it on her FB page a few months back.

I heard that she's taking time off to be a stay at home mommy.. I believe it was Carey that posted it on her FB page a few months back.

I thought that might be the reason, but you would think if she were leaving for a happy reason there'd be some kind of countdown to her departure. I did look for something like that but when I look at her FB I don't see a timeline. I don't have a Facebook account so my ability to search for info there is limited. If you come up with a definitive source please share the link or a screenshot or something. Thanks!

I thought that might be the reason, but you would think if she were leaving for a happy reason there'd be some kind of countdown to her departure. I did look for something like that but when I look at her FB I don't see a timeline. I don't have a Facebook account so my ability to search for info there is limited. If you come up with a definitive source please share the link or a screenshot or something. Thanks!

It's radio.. How often does one get a send off? Hardly.. Look at Powers and the way Cheap Channel/iHeart gave him a send off.. They didn't. Mama Adams? Nope. Not All legends get a final send off.. It depends on the suits and how they feel towards the talent..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom