• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Special programming for Memorial Day weekend?

An hour ago, for some reason, "The Star Spangled Banner" by Faith Hill was shown as the song playing now on America's Best Music (KKOV Vancouver-Portland) but it's not on the list of songs already played. The stream wasn't working at the time (my Internet is slow, so that had something to do with it) but it is now. Today is the first time I've turned on the stream since Thursday.

"America the Beautiful" by Ray Charles just finished. Perhaps in an hour they'll play another patriotic song.

I'm about to turn off my computer. I was thinking they weren't doing any more patriotic songs, but KKOV played "Tie a Yellow Ribbon" an hour ago and just played Neil Diamond's "America". I didn't think they fit the theme, but they could.

I'm about to turn off my computer. I was thinking they weren't doing any more patriotic songs, but KKOV played "Tie a Yellow Ribbon" an hour ago and just played Neil Diamond's "America". I didn't think they fit the theme, but they could.

I think those two songs fit.

WINK 104 in Harissonburg, Pennsylvania (a very good, conservative Hot AC I think you'd like) played "God Bless the U.S.A." and other patriotic songs throughout today.

wnnk.tunegenie.com

The Lowe’s store I work at had Muzak's Memorial day mix today, which was mostly traditional patriotic music, but none of the pop, rock, or country that was mixed in with the July 4th mix last year.

I just heard John Wayne's spoken word "Why I Love Her" on KKOV (America's Best Music), which has a choir singing "America the Beautiful" before he starts talking and an orchestra continuing to play.

An hour ago, Whitney Houston's "Star Spangled Banner".

On Friday, my former America's Best music affiliate, now oldies, but the same in the morning as it was before the change, had a medley of songs in the morning such as "Anchors Aweigh" and the songs with the words "into the wild blue yonder" and "From the halls of Montezuma".

A lot of the classic hits stations are doing Top 500 countdowns. Some of the country stations are running patriotic syndicated specials.

Sirius XM interrupted programming on all channels -- music, talk, news, and even sports play-by-play for about a minute this afternoon for a Memorial Day tribute that consisted of a brief statement and a recording of Taps played on a bugle.

WRCH LITE 100.5 in Hartford did a 90s weekend. So surprised yesterday to hear "O.P.P" by Naughty by Nature.

I guess the 90s Weekend on WRCH in 2016 was an epic fail. This year 2017 they did an 80s weekend. Their sister station Hip-hop formatted Hot 93.7 began mixing on Friday and mixed all weekend.

102.9 The Whale, which is a Classic Rocker owned by Connoiseur Broadcasting did the Memorial Day 500 Countdown.

99-1 WPLR in New Haven sister station to 102.9 The Whale did a 70s weekend.

I enjoyed some of the ABC radio network's Memorial Day special earlier today. Heard it locally on KVI 570 AM. Interviews of widows of veterans, and stories of the Veterans' lives.

Also NPR ran a Memorial Day version of one of their shows, I think it's the Moth Hour, that had the recitals of veteran related short stories.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom