• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Fewer 80s and 90s and more recurrents/currents on AC

andrewduong77

Frequent Participant
As the AC format had evolved over the past several years to stay consistent with its demographics target, it's apparent that most AC now play fewer 80s and 90s and leaned more toward the recurrents and currents.

Several years ago, most AC were playing around 1-3 70s an hour, 4-7 80s an hour, 1-3 90s an hour, 1-2 00s an hour, and 1-2 recurrents/currents an hour. (Rough estimates based-off my knowledge) Now most AC are playing around 2-4 80s an hour, 0-2 90s an hour, 0-2 00s an hour, and 2-4 recurrents/currents an hour.

KMGL/Oklahoma City plays 3-4 80s an hour and 0-2 90s an hour.
KODA/Houston plays 3-4 80s an hour and 0-2 90s an hour.
WLTW/New York plays 1 70s every 2-3 hours, 5-6 80s an hour and 0-1 90s an hour.
WLYF/Miami plays 1 70s every 5-6 hours, 3-6 80s an hour, 2-4 90s an hour.
WRVR/Memphis plays 1 70s an hour, 5-6 80s an hour, 0-1 90s an hour.
WEAT/West Palm Beach plays 2 70s an hour, 3-5 80s an hour, 1-4 90s an hour.
WBEB/Philadelphia plays 1-3 80s an hour, 1-2 90s an hour.
WRRM/Cincinnati plays 1-2 80s an hour, 1-2 90s an hour.

Many of the AC I listed above are my favorites which are KMGL, KODA, WLTW, WLYF, WRVR, and WEAT. They have a much more older and more conservative approach than the average AC in this nation. Especially WLYF, WRVR, WEAT, and perhaps WLTW as well. KMGL and KODA have a much more liberal approach with a slightly older approach.

KMGL still run their "Awesome 80s Weekend" each weekend. They play about 4-6 80s an hour on their "Awesome 80s Weekend". WLTW still run their "Best of the 80s Weekend" each weekend.

Earlier this year, KMGL introduced the "90s at Noon" which is featured each weekday during the noon hour. They play about 4-5 90s songs during the noon hour.

This has been a long time since KMGL carried a themed period of any kind dedicated to the music of the 90s decade. Back in 2012 and before, KMGL ran their "Flashback Weekend" (70s and 80s), "Awesome 80s Weekend", or "Meet My 90s Weekend" each weekend. They dropped their "Flashback Weekend" and "Meet My 90s Weekend" in early 2013 and stuck to their "Awesome 80s Weekend" each weekend up till now. I wish they bring back their "Meet My 90s Weekend".

Last edited:
As the AC format had evolved over the past several years to stay consistent with its demographics target, it's apparent that most AC now play fewer 80s and 90s and leaned more toward the recurrents and currents.

Several years ago, most AC were playing around 1-3 70s an hour, 4-7 80s an hour, 1-3 90s an hour, 1-2 00s an hour, and 1-2 recurrents/currents an hour. (Rough estimates based-off my knowledge) Now most AC are playing around 2-4 80s an hour, 0-2 90s an hour, 0-2 00s an hour, and 2-4 recurrents/currents an hour.

Many of the AC I listed above are my favorites which are KMGL, KODA, WLTW, WLYF, WRVR, and WEAT. They have a much more older and more conservative approach than the average AC in this nation. Especially WLYF, WRVR, WEAT, and perhaps WLTW as well. KMGL and KODA have a much more liberal approach with a slightly older approach.

KMGL still run their "Awesome 80s Weekend" each weekend. They play about 4-6 80s an hour on their "Awesome 80s Weekend". WLTW still run their "Best of the 80s Weekend" each weekend.

Earlier this year, KMGL introduced the "90s at Noon" which is featured each weekday during the noon hour. They play about 4-5 90s songs during the noon hour.

This has been a long time since KMGL carried a themed period of any kind dedicated to the music of the 90s decade. Back in 2012 and before, KMGL ran their "Flashback Weekend" (70s and 80s), "Awesome 80s Weekend", or "Meet My 90s Weekend" each weekend. They dropped their "Flashback Weekend" and "Meet My 90s Weekend" in early 2013 and stuck to their "Awesome 80s Weekend" each weekend up till now. I wish they bring back their "Meet My 90s Weekend".

I learned something early on in my career, during the first seismic shift of adult music (early 70s from MOR to AC): When you're looking to be relevant in a rapidly-changing environment, the worst question you can ask is "What have we always done?"

Seems like most Hot AC are playing around 1 90s an hour to 1 90s every 2-3 hours. Most AC are also playing around 1-2 90s an hour to 1 90s every 1-2 hours. AC are still playing around 2-4 80s an hour which is still far less 80s than they used to play five years ago.

AC are playing fewer 80s than it did a few years ago. At least down to 3-4 80s an hour for an average AC, 2-3 80s an hour on some AC, and even 1-2 80s an hour on a few AC out there. As AC are playing fewer 80s, I thought they should have picked up more on 90s, but they aren't. They're playing 0-2 90s an hour, even 1 90s every 1-2 hours on some AC. They should play like 5-6 90s an hour or at least 3-4 90s an hour, ideally. But they're playing only 0-2 90s an hour. They're also playing much fewer 90s than they did five years ago and they're playing fewer 90s than 80s. 80s and 90s are going away together on AC. I wonder how well Classic Hits are going to pick up on 90s since 90s are well ignored by Hot AC and AC together over the past five years. At least many Classic Hits are already starting to play a little bit of 90s.

If I'm correct about Hot AC, it seems like Hot AC plays around 0-1 90s an hour, 1-2 00s an hour, and 9-11 recurrents/currents an hour. And it seems like AC plays around 2-4 80s an hour, 0-2 90s an hour, 0-2 00s an hour, and 2-4 recurrents/currents an hour.

It seems like the 90s and 00s were the only decades when 90s music got most of its respect from both Hot AC and AC where Hot AC took on the alternative and grunge materials by the 00s. Ever since the beginning of this decade, 90s music started to fade off Hot AC and AC together. That's very surprising for AC because AC didn't even get a chance to embrace much of the 90s and early 00s alternative and grunge materials that Hot AC loved so much in the 00s.

We only heard "Under the Bridge", "Two Princes", "Mr. Jones", "How Bizarre", "Beautiful Day", "One", "Ordinary World", "Come Undone", "Friday I'm in Love", "All for You", "One Headlight", "Unbelievable", "December", "The World I Know", "Real World", "Push", "Dreams" by The Cranberries, "Closing Time", "No Rain", "Tom's Diner", "Life Is a Highway" by Tom Cochrane, "Everything You Want", "The Middle", "With Arms Wide Open", "Higher", "Crazy", "Cryin'", "I've Been Thinking About You", "What Is Love", "Crash Into Me", "If You Could Only See", "Jumper", "Counting Blue Cars" on AC so far. I named most of the 90s and early 00s alternative/grunge/rhythmic tracks that I know had been aired on AC including KMGL, WLTW, KCKC, WRCH, and WLMG.

It seems like the only place you can find these 90s and early 00s alternative/grunge tracks now that Hot AC had pounded so much on in the 00s is on an Adult Alternative, Rock, Modern Rock, or Adult Hits/Variety Hits. I also believe Adult Alternative or Modern Rock doesn't play that much 90s or 00s anymore with the way Hot AC are. I believe Adult Hits is the best format to look for if you're looking for a station that still play these 90s and early 00s alternative/grunge tracks along with most of the new wave and glam materials of the 80s. The problem is that only half of the markets in the nation have an Adult Hits. I know Classic Rock had been heavy on 70s and 80s. With the way 90s and 00s are treated by Hot AC and AC, I wonder how well Classic Rock will embrace these 90s and early 00s tracks in the coming years, knowing that most markets have a Classic Rock.

It seems like either 90s music lack wide selections of tracks from each genre in that decade or that each genre in 90s music doesn't blend to well together with other genres from that decade. In the end, it's the decade where the style of music evolved from ballads, new wave, and glam to alternative, grunge, and rhythmic. One of my theory of why 90s music didn't stand up to well with time in radio is probably because there aren't much audience from the Gen-X population to support the audience shares while there is a vast amount of audience from the youngest end of the baby boomers to support the audience share from the oldest end of AC. That's why 70s kind of lasted a while on AC till a couple of years ago, so as the 80s now. You also saw how well 60s held up on Classic Hits a couple years ago, so as the 70s now.

If you observe the population pyramid of 2014, the population for female (and male too) between 35-39 are small compare to the rest of the population surrounding that age range. That's why it's apparent why AC haven't been doing so well over the past five years. That's why over the past five years, it had proven that 90s tracks doesn't test very well with the audiences for Hot AC and AC, especially in 12+ and 25-54. That's why it's apparent that AC are focusing more heavily on 80s and recurrents/currents, but ignoring the 90s and 00s while Hot AC are focusing primarily on recurrents/currents. And it's apparent that some Hot AC had ignored 90s after it phased-out 80s.

It seems like the only place you can find these 90s and early 00s alternative/grunge tracks now that Hot AC had pounded so much on in the 00s is on an Adult Alternative, Rock, Modern Rock, or Adult Hits/Variety Hits. I also believe Adult Alternative or Modern Rock doesn't play that much 90s or 00s anymore with the way Hot AC are. I believe Adult Hits is the best format to look for if you're looking for a station that still play these 90s and early 00s alternative/grunge tracks along with most of the new wave and glam materials of the 80s. The problem is that only half of the markets in the nation have an Adult Hits. I know Classic Rock had been heavy on 70s and 80s. With the way 90s and 00s are treated by Hot AC and AC, I wonder how well Classic Rock will embrace these 90s and early 00s tracks in the coming years, knowing that most markets have a Classic Rock.

It seems like either 90s music lack wide selections of tracks from each genre in that decade or that each genre in 90s music doesn't blend to well together with other genres from that decade. In the end, it's the decade where the style of music evolved from ballads, new wave, and glam to alternative, grunge, and rhythmic. One of my theory of why 90s music didn't stand up to well with time in radio is probably because there aren't much audience from the Gen-X population to support the audience shares while there is a vast amount of audience from the youngest end of the baby boomers to support the audience share from the oldest end of AC. That's why 70s kind of lasted a while on AC till a couple of years ago, so as the 80s now. You also saw how well 60s held up on Classic Hits a couple years ago, so as the 70s now.

If you observe the population pyramid of 2014, the population for female (and male too) between 35-39 are small compare to the rest of the population surrounding that age range. That's why it's apparent why AC haven't been doing so well over the past five years. That's why over the past five years, it had proven that 90s tracks doesn't test very well with the audiences for Hot AC and AC, especially in 12+ and 25-54. That's why it's apparent that AC are focusing more heavily on 80s and recurrents/currents, but ignoring the 90s and 00s while Hot AC are focusing primarily on recurrents/currents. And it's apparent that some Hot AC had ignored 90s after it phased-out 80s.

96.5 The Buzz (Modern Rock in Kansas City) plays a pretty wide selection of '90s alternative on "90s at Noon." Also, Afentra in the morning spins a lot of deep cuts from '90s and early '00s during her show.

I've been following what has been going on in Myrtle Beach on WEZV. That station was soft AC but was starting to evolve into an AC, and then a drastic change took place, but the station plays a lot of 80s.

Out of about 30 songs I heard yesterday (and I may have forgotten some because I only listen for long enough to identify a song and I waited too long to come back):

"The Time Of My Life" Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes
"I Love Rock and Roll" Joan Jett
"Separate Ways" Journey
"Rock Steady" Whispers
"Drive" Cars
"La Isla Bonita" Madonna
"Here I Go Again" Whitesnake
"Never Gonna Give You Up" Rick Astley
"Shattered Dreams" Johnny Hates Jazz
"Boys of Summer" Don Henley
"Walking in Your Sleep" Romantics

Here's another list from another day, when about the same number of songs was played in all:

"Heaven" Bryan Adams
"Careless Whisper" George Michael
"Hungry Like the Wolf" Duran Duran
"Purple Rain" Prince
"I Love You Always Forever" Donna Lewis
"Don't Stop Believin'" Journey
"Dancing in the Dark" Bruce Springsteen
"In Your Eyes" Peter Gabriel
"Time" Culture Club
"High on You" Survivor
"PYT" Michael Jackson
"I'm Still Standing" Elton John
"You're the Inspiration" Chicago

WKQC in Charlotte plays even more 80s. If you look at just the past three hours (when I started this):

"Hurts So Good" John Mellencamp
"Nothing's Gonna Stop Us" Starship
"Harden My Heart" Quarterflash
"Karma Chameleon" Culture Club
"Down Under" Men At Work
"Centerfold" J Geils Band
"Summer Of '69" Bryan Adams
"Caught Up In You" 38 Special
"You Got It" New Kids on the Block
"If This Is It" Huey Lewis & The News
"Heaven Is A Place On Earth" Belinda Carlisle
"I Won't Back Down" Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
"How Will I Know" Whitney Houston
"Nothin' But a Good Time"Poison
"Material Girl" Madonna
"It's Still Rock & Roll To Me" Billy Joel
"Kiss" Prince
"Don't Talk To Strangers" Rick Springfield
"Wanted Dead Or Alive" Bon Jovi

WSPA-FM Greenville SC, from the two hours listed on their web site, a much shorter list than the others:

"Raspberry Beret" Prince
"Edge Of Seventeen" Stevie Nicks
"Let The Music Play" Shannon
"Small Town" John Mellencamp
"Danger Zone" Kenny Loggins
"When I See You Smile" Bad English

And for some odd reason, "Brown Eyed Girl" Van Morrison. No 70s, but this one's from the 60s!

I just have time for WEZV today.

Yesterday I heard about 60 songs. I may have missed a few because I only listen long enough to identify the song, and sometimes I forget to go back to the station in time. Also I took several breaks.

Out of those, these were from the 80s:

"In the Air Tonight" Phil Collins
"Wrapped Around Your Finger" Police
"Boys of Summer" Don Henley
"Gloria" Laura Branigan
"Jessie's Girl" Rick Springfield
"Died in Your Arms" Cutting Crew
"It Must Have Been Love" Roxette
"Free Fallin'" Tom Petty
"Don't Dream It's Over" Crowded House
"Every Breath You Take" Police
"Summer of '69" Bryan Adams
"Our Lips Are Sealed" Go-Gos
"Would I Lie to You" Eurythmics
"Open Your Heart" Madonna
"In Too Deep" Genesis
"Tell It to My Heart" Taylor Dayne
"Take Me Home Tonight" Eddie Money
"All Through the Night" Cyndi Lauper

These are from today, with about the same number of songs total and a break that resulted from the computer freezing:

"Bette Davis Eyes" Kim Carnes
"Oh Sheila" Ready for the World
"Always Something There to Remind Me" Naked Eyes
"Straight Up" Paula Abdul
"Father Figure" George Michael
"Up Where We Belong" Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes
"I Get Weak" Belinda Carlisle
"Maneater" Hall & Oates
"Break My Stride" Matthew Wilder
"Faith" George Michael
"How Will I Know" Whitney Houston
"Against All Odds" Phil Collins
"Don't You Want Me" Human League
"Express Yourself" Madonna
"Celebration" Kool & the Gang
"Don't Forget Me When I'm Gone" Glass Tiger
"Didn't We Almost Have It All" Whitney Houston
"Come On Eileen" Dexy's Midnight Runners

I made a mistake in an earlier post on one of the threads. "It's My Life" is by No Doubt, not Talk Talk, but it is the Talk Talk song. Mark Hollis is not a woman.

"Heart of Glass" is actually from the 70s.

Last edited:
How often do ACs play three songs from the 80s in a row? While I can't say for sure I didn't miss one that was played between two of these, WEZV just played "Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper, "Should've Known Better" by Richard Marx and "Walk Like an Egyptian" by The Bangles.

Yes in recent years 80's and 90's music has been shifting to Oldies Radio though. Also most AC outlets are more focused on the 2000's and 2010's for now.

Yes in recent years 80's and 90's music has been shifting to Oldies Radio though. Also most AC outlets are more focused on the 2000's and 2010's for now.
There are exceptions. I don't have a complete list of what WEZV played this afternoon but out of the songs I did hear, which total about sixty:

"Limitless" Bon Jovi
"Total Eclipse of the Heart" Bonnie Tyler
"Everything She Wants" George Michael
"Can't Fight This Feeling" REO Speedwagon

And would you believe "Your Song"?

"Private Eyes" by Hall & Oates came before a break which was followed by the three I listed above, a song by Adele, another break and then "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Tears for Fears. During the time these next songs were played, there were only three newer songs that I heard.

"Under Pressure" Queen and David Bowie
"Gloria" Laura Branigan
"Take on Me" A-ha
"She Drives Me Crazy" Fine Young Cannibals
"Every Breath You Take" Police
"Don't Stop Believin'" Journey

After that it was back to "normal" but these songs were played:

"Hard to Say I'm Sorry
"Free Fallin'" Tom Petty
"It's My Life" Bon Jovi
"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" Cyndi Lauper
"The Warrior" Scandal
"In Too Deep" Genesis

I had computer problems but when I returned:

"Beat It" Michael Jackson
"Raspberry Beret" Prince
"Hard Habit to Break" Chicago
"Heaven" Warrant
"Wrapped Around Your Finger" Police

I think those last three were played together but I could be wrong. I wasn't listening the entire time.

Correction: nearly every Bon Jovi song on WEZV is from the 1980s, but "Limitless" is brand new.

Also, I see I forgot to include the artist on "Hard to Say I'm Sorry" which is Chicago.

There seem to be a lot of 80s songs on WEZV.

I count 45 songs that I heard the last time, or one of the most recent times, that I listened and listed songs I heard. I left some out because I only listen long enough to identify the song and in some cases I waited too long to come back. Out of those this many were from the 80s:

"Walk Like an Egyptian" Bangles
"Died in Your Arms" Cutting Crew (immediately after, apparently)
"Keeping the Faith" Billy Joel (after a commercial break and possibly next song after the one above)
"Holiday" Madonna
"Keep on Loving You" REO Speedwagon
"Heaven Is a Place on Earth" Belinda Carlisle
"The Way You Make Me Feel" Michael Jackson
"Waiting for a Girl Like You" Foreigner
"We Belong" Pat Benatar (immediately after)
"Oh Sherrie" Steve Perry (immediately after)
"The Look" Roxette (after a commercial break)
"Sister Christian" Night Ranger
"Jack and Diane" John Mellencamp

And here are the 80s songs from another list, again with some songs missing because I waited too long to come back.

"High on You" Survivor
"Right Here Waiting" Richard Marx
"Higher Love" Whitney Houston
"Cherish" Madonna
"Uptown Girl" Billy Joel
"I Think We're Alone Now" Tiffany
"Separate Ways" Journey
"Borderline" Madonna
"Hold on to the Nights" Richard Marx (immediately after)
"Kiss on My List" Hall & Oates

How many mainstream ACs are playing this many songs from the 80s?

I count 45 songs that I heard the last time, or one of the most recent times, that I listened and listed songs I heard. I left some out because I only listen long enough to identify the song and in some cases I waited too long to come back. Out of those this many were from the 80s:

"Walk Like an Egyptian" Bangles
"Died in Your Arms" Cutting Crew (immediately after, apparently)
"Keeping the Faith" Billy Joel (after a commercial break and possibly next song after the one above)
"Holiday" Madonna
"Keep on Loving You" REO Speedwagon
"Heaven Is a Place on Earth" Belinda Carlisle
"The Way You Make Me Feel" Michael Jackson
"Waiting for a Girl Like You" Foreigner
"We Belong" Pat Benatar (immediately after)
"Oh Sherrie" Steve Perry (immediately after)
"The Look" Roxette (after a commercial break)
"Sister Christian" Night Ranger

And here are the 80s songs from another list, again with some songs missing because I waited too long to come back.

"High on You" Survivor
"Cherish" Madonna
"Uptown Girl" Billy Joel
"Separate Ways" Journey
"Borderline" Madonna

I am guessing that the amount of 80s songs played on WEZV is compatible with markets that are similar to Myrtle Beach. I could be wrong.

The market has a classic hits station playing lots of 80s, though, and a "we play anything" station.

It's weird, but most "We Play Anything" Adult Hits and Classic Rock seemed to be the slowest evolving format than most Oldies/Classic Hits, Soft AC, and Mainstream AC. Adult Hits still play as much 70s, 80s, and 90s as they did 10 years ago while Classic Rock gradually added more 90s rock and alternatives. The Oldies/Classic Hits format is the fastest evolving format over the past 20 years. The AC format is the second fastest evolving format over the past 20 years depending on the individual markets and individual stations.

Adult Hits still play as much 70s, 80s, and 90s as they did 10 years ago while Classic Rock gradually added more 90s rock and alternatives.

It depends. Most Adult Hits have more rock than classic hits which is more pop. The older pop songs only attract audiences from that era, while the rock songs reach a wider demo. That's what this is all about. They evolve the music in order to evolve the demos of the audience, and keep the average age consistent through the passage of time.

It seemed like 90s music had its staples on AC during the 90s itself of course and throughout the 2k. Since 2012, the 90s started to disappear from ACs along with the most of the 70s and some 80s. A handful of the 90s alternative that used to be aired on Adult Alternative and Hot AC 10-20 years ago made its way to AC like "No Scrubs", "Tom's Diner", "Closing Time", "Push" by Matchbox Twenty, "December" by Collective Soul, and "Spin Doctors" in the 10s, but the 90s selection on AC over the past five years is limited to a number of soft and hard 90s tracks and most AC including KMGL, WLTW, KDGE, and KODA play only 1-2 90s tracks per hour whether it's "I'll Be There", "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?", "Tom's Diner", or "No Scrubs". We all obviously know that the older/softer leaning AC like WLTW and KDGE would still play "I'll Be There" or "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman" along with the other harder 90s tracks and the younger/harder leaning AC would more likely play "No Scrubs" or "Two Princes".

There are AC that play fewer 90s, but emphasize 80s and recurrents/currents more. Perhaps WLTW and KDGE? There are AC that emphasized very little on 80s, some currents, and mostly recurrents/currents like KMGL, WRRM, WSB-FM, and WWRM. They all play 0-2 90s per hour. Three 90s per hour or more is rare on most AC these days. Most AC would usually play 1-2 90s per hour.

It's also weird for AC that play fewer than five 80s an hour on average to still play one 70s every 1-5 hours, notably KOIT, WLTW, WLYF, and WMGF. KOIT still plays 3-4 80s an hour, WLYF still plays 4-5 80s an hour, and WMGF and WLTW still play four 80s an hour. KOIT and WLYF still play 3-4 90s an hour, WMGF still play three 90s an hour, and WLTW play 1-2 90s an hour.

I also had noticed since the beginning of this year (of the new decade), many AC including KMGL, WSB-FM, WWRM, WBEB, KOIT, WLTW, and WMGF had added certain 90s tracks including "I'm Your Baby Tonight", "Fantasy" by Mariah Carey, "Larger Than Life", and "Tearin' Up My Heart" to their playlist.

"High on You" Survivor
"Cherish" Madonna
"Uptown Girl" Billy Joel
"Separate Ways" Journey
"Borderline" Madonna

Uh... Don't you mean "Higher Love" by Steve Winwood? The "Higher Love" by Kygo & Whitney Houston is a 2019 new single cover version of the 1986 song by Winwood.

It's also weird for AC that play fewer than five 80s an hour on average to still play one 70s every 1-5 hours, notably KOIT, WLTW, WLYF, and WMGF. KOIT still plays 3-4 80s an hour, WLYF still plays 4-5 80s an hour, and WMGF and WLTW still play four 80s an hour. KOIT and WLYF still play 3-4 90s an hour, WMGF still play three 90s an hour, and WLTW play 1-2 90s an hour.

You've obviously done a lot of research, so I commend you on that. But there is no quota system in the creation of formats. The goal isn't to present a certain balance of eras, but to attract a certain demographic. So it's possible for older songs to resonate with younger people, and younger songs to resonate with older people. They shouldn't be playing songs from certain decades strictly based on the years the songs were released.

The other factor that comes into play, and this may relate to the differences you see from market to market, is the level of competition a station has in its market, and how many other stations in that market are playing those exact same songs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom