• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What's wrong with iHeart Mobile HD radio?

Poledo

Star Participant
Tropo is fairly strong today. I can't get good signals from Fort Walton, 25 miles out.
I can get the Mobile stations but when HD drops out there's about a 3 word delay.
Does tropo effect HD signals differently than the Analog? Or is there just something set wrong in the WRKH control room?

I've never been all that happy with the HD from 99.9 and 96.1, they've always been problematic for me. But that said, the HD sidebands are highly susceptible to tropo or any other outside interference, so they are going to drop off long before the main signal does.

Remember, in most cases in Mobile they're only running 1% of the analog power, so they will feel the effect of tropo quickly.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom