• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Australia: Nine switches ties to Southern Cross

mvcg66b3r

Star Participant
The biggest shake-up in Australian regional television since aggregation is set to unfold with the announcement that Southern Cross Austereo has secured a five-year affiliation deal with the Nine Network — essentially bringing an end to the 27-year partnership that Nine has had with WIN for carrying Nine’s programs to much of regional eastern Australia.

The move will similarly see Southern Cross Austereo — which operates the Southern Cross Ten brand in regional Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria and the ACT — abandon its 20+ year affiliation to the Ten Network.

The new affiliation deal for Southern Cross Ten in Queensland, Southern NSW/ACT and Victoria to take over Nine’s programming and identity is set for 1 July.

While WIN and Network Ten have yet to announce their plans for July onwards, it would be almost fair to assume that WIN will have little choice but to align to Ten for its program supply for its Queensland, Southern NSW/ACT and Victorian markets.

http://televisionau.com/2016/05/nine-switches-ties-to-southern-cross.html

Living and traveling extensively in Australia, I never understood how the major and
minor networks operated. Reading your thread and that from television.au, I'm
still confused but grateful to know I'm probably not the only one....
Adding to the mix is the strange requirement that the main networks NOT broadcast
their .1 digital signal in High Definition. I would only venture to guess that would be
a requirement by Foxtel to help keep satellite delivered FOX 8 more competitive
with the other broadcast networks....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom