Any more examples of stupid commercials - past and present? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any more examples of stupid commercials - past and present?

Say what you will about the Shane Company commercials, but they must have worked big time or they wouldn't still be around after all of these many years.

I know I've said this before ... But, In Case You Missed It:

It's about that commercial that guaranteed repeat customers. It aired ONE time in Charlotte: "I guarantee that once you visit my restaurant, you'll be a regular."

Still tops on my list.

By the way, I've heard Belinda's low-testosterone commercial, and she does *not* say she has it. She says lots of men have it. Still, when they get Belinda to do a commercial like that, it reeks of a personality paid to do an endorsement but having no true relationship with the product being endorsed. Of course, people not as close to radio as we are may not perceive it as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by RoddyFreeman View Post
    By the way, I've heard Belinda's low-testosterone commercial, and she does *not* say she has it...
    I just heard it, too. It's a new one.

Robotic Genitals
    When I was a kid, I used to drive my Mom crazy by repeatedly and incessantly singing ♪♫"48-0-1, 48-0-1, 48-0-1 Buford Highway!"♫♪

Ya know, to this day I haven't a clue what that commercial was for.... I DO know that the business was located at 4801 Buford Highway, though(!)

Quote Originally Posted by Robotic Genitals View Post
    When I was a kid, I used to drive my Mom crazy by repeatedly and incessantly singing ♪♫"48-0-1, 48-0-1, 48-0-1 Buford Highway!"♫♪

Ya know, to this day I haven't a clue what that commercial was for.... I DO know that the business was located at 4801 Buford Highway, though(!)
    Automan Transmission. That's Automan Transmission, that's Automan Transmission, that's 4801, that's 4801, that's 4801 Buford Hiiiiiwaaaaay!!!!

I feel kind of, well, stupid about this, but somehow I assumed the man on the Rick Hendrick Chevrolet commercials was Rick Hendrick. That was until I was in another market and heard the exact same spot, same voice and same jingle for another car dealership.

Also, you've probably heard Barbara Corcoran endorsing Mark Spain as the best real estate agent in Atlanta. Well, Barbara can be had for a price because she does the same endorsement for agents in other markets.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryATL View Post
    Here in Atlanta most of the older folks on this thread will understand this:

"Where's Loganville?"

It was such an annoying commercial that everybody quoted and made fun of it for years. Even though the commercials were very annoying, I guess they were successful.
    Maxie Price Chevrolet. "Everybody knows where Monroe is, but WHERE'S LOGANVILLE?!?!"
    He has dealerships in Monroe and Loganville.

Then there were his commercials with him and his Crying Towel.
    "When broadcasting over the radio, there are certain words we must omit.
    Like 'BEEP' and 'BUZZ' and 'GOBBLE-GOBBLE', by gosh we can't even say shhhhhaving cream!"

I noticed that on the latest Shane commercials, he has some fake caller who is poorly voice-tracked on the air. The person on the other line always talks over him while he is advertising like someone who is not really listening to what you have to say. Notice in the most recent commercial where he says "get her something that doesn't suck this Valentine's"...the guy on the other line immediately laughs like Beavis from Beavis and Butthead.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioDoogie View Post
    ...Notice in the most recent commercial where he says "get her something that doesn't suck this Valentine's"...
    That HAS to be a direct rip of the Neal Boortz commercial about a vacuum cleaner store (forgot the name) where the tag line was "...***** Vacuums, where business really sucks..."

I always want to add a tag line like, "OK. Honey. I'll buy you that pendant. Just make sure you don't get it tangled in the cord every time you manually vacuum the rug..."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12