Any more examples of stupid commercials - past and present?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any more examples of stupid commercials - past and present?

Any more examples of stupid commercials - past and present?

Just heard a new commercial from Belinda (who does just about every commercial on WSB radio these days). “Hi, y’all. This is Belinda, and I just wanna tell y’all that I found out I have low testosterone. That’s right … low testosterone. But I found a place that can cure all that … (continues with commercial). It ends with, “I’m gonna try these good folks out, and I’ll let you know later about my progress.”

And, to add insult to injury, it followed a commercial about Shane Co. You know the intimidating ads for Valentine’s Day where our friend in the diamond business was on the phone with a guy on one end of the line and his wife on the other, and the guy was going to get his wife something practical, but was talked into buying a ring from our friend etc. Well, now they are doing the same thing for Mother’s Day trying to make a son feel like dirt in front of his mother – same classy approach (place sarcasm here).

It’s like slowing down to check out a car wreck. You just gotta visit the store to see if these guys are for real – and if they are on the phone.

So now, just imagine in a couple of weeks, you hear this real deep voice come on and say: “Hey, buds. This is Belinda, and I just wanna let y’all know that these damn testosterone treatments are working…”

Can’t wait.

I hate the Shane commercials. There must be some method to the madness of Yet Another Commercial That Makes Men Look Stupid, since they seem to be more and more common.

I complained on Rock 100.5's FB page, and they just said in so many words that they were just glad to have the spot buy (natch). But don't radio stations try to give advice to their advertisers on how to be more successful with their ad buys as a value-add?

Maybe I will buy my mom or wife jewelry for the holiday du jour. But I sure as hell won't do it at Shane.
    "When broadcasting over the radio, there are certain words we must omit.
    Like 'BEEP' and 'BUZZ' and 'GOBBLE-GOBBLE', by gosh we can't even say shhhhhaving cream!"

If Belinda is doing commercials for low T then that means there isn't ANYTHING she won't hawk.
    "When broadcasting over the radio, there are certain words we must omit.
    Like 'BEEP' and 'BUZZ' and 'GOBBLE-GOBBLE', by gosh we can't even say shhhhhaving cream!"

Interesting the most hated commercials that are so terrible are the subject. There's a guy in my market that has made himself a millionaire so many times over he likely has lost count. His ads were designed to be irritating to the point people would talk about how horrible they were. In fact some would on;y sell him overnight ads so as not to offend that many radio and TV listeners and viewers.

I heard the Low T spot today, and about drove off the road....

She will endorse anything!

P'raps she has a problem getting an erection?

Guess what? Women need testosterone. Click on the link:

http://www.everydayhealth.com/low-te...e/guide/women/

Quote Originally Posted by b-turner View Post
    Interesting the most hated commercials that are so terrible are the subject. There's a guy in my market that has made himself a millionaire so many times over he likely has lost count. His ads were designed to be irritating to the point people would talk about how horrible they were. In fact some would on;y sell him overnight ads so as not to offend that many radio and TV listeners and viewers.
    Here in Atlanta most of the older folks on this thread will understand this:

"Where's Loganville?"

It was such an annoying commercial that everybody quoted and made fun of it for years. Even though the commercials were very annoying, I guess they were successful.

"So now, just imagine in a couple of weeks, you hear this real deep voice come on and say: “Hey, buds. This is Belinda, and I just wanna let y’all know that these damn testosterone treatments are working…”

LOL

I remember a few years ago when Shane's ad agency devised a clever jingle for "our friend" that went something along the lines of, "he's dull but he's brilliant." An obvious play on our "dull" friend who sells "brilliant" jewelry. The ad agency must have gotten axed as those commercials didn't last more than a couple of months.

As for Belinda, she just enjoys cashing those fat checks. Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast