• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Oldies 92.7

Interestingly, I am showing a strong signal on 93.3 HD-2 but no audio on my home receiver. This was not evident in the car.

Checked in this morning and 92.7 is again blasting away in full multiplex stereo but 93.3 HD2 is silent.

Checked in this morning and 92.7 is again blasting away in full multiplex stereo but 93.3 HD2 is silent.

Yup, MIA again today. They still ID 93~Three HD~Two on Lumberyard 14~Forty/92~Seven. Wanna draw straws to determine who calls the Momplex to make them aware it aint there?

Looks like Mother Hubbard is moving forward in branding it as Oldies 92.7. I saw it flash for a few seconds on the short attention span billboards next to Tempe Marketplace. The last remnants of Arizona Gold appear to have been swept away.

Looks like Mother Hubbard is moving forward in branding it as Oldies 92.7. I saw it flash for a few seconds on the short attention span billboards next to Tempe Marketplace. The last remnants of Arizona Gold appear to have been swept away.

Yup. No more 14 in a row from your all day Gold Mine. Most of the jingles have been cut to eliminate 14~Forty, and the branding is strictly Oldies 92~Seven. The goldminers are forlorn, and Mother Hubbard has posted a lifeguard near the canal bank just in case.

Since 92.7 is actually a translator of 93.3 HD2, they don't need the 1440 at all. Turn it off sell the Nautel and save some $$$. The HD2 can be considered the "originator" of the programming...

Since 92.7 is actually a translator of 93.3 HD2, they don't need the 1440 at all. Turn it off sell the Nautel and save some $$$.

Blasphemy!

The value of Lumberyard 14~Forty is somewhere between $750,000 and $1 million. The problem Mom has with Oldies 92~Seven, 14~Forty and 93~Three HD~Two is they can't monetize worn out oldies. Brokered programming is the way to go....at least on Lumberyard 14~Forty.

But if 92.7 is in fact translating 93.3 HD and not 1440, then how does 92.7 stay on the air when 93.3 HD is silent? Also, I'm sure they won't ditch 1440 as they are only leasing 92.7. That could change down the road.

That info is correct. So What in the Wide, Wide World of Sports is a goin' on with 93-Three HD-Two? No audio there means there shouldn't be audio on 92~Seven. hmmmmm....someone at the Momplex is being creative, but obviously doesn't monitor the HD~Two!

That info is correct. So What in the Wide, Wide World of Sports is a goin' on with 93-Three HD-Two? No audio there means there shouldn't be audio on 92~Seven. hmmmmm....someone at the Momplex is being creative, but obviously doesn't monitor the HD~Two!

Not answering their emails either.

Even though 92.7 is indeed "translating" 93.3HD2, they are probably fed separately. They probably don't monitor the HD2 because there is no one left to monitor the HD2..or the people that are there go ...what's an HD2? Maybe they are waiting for one of the 1/2 dozen listeners on the HD2 to call in. --or email...

Last edited:
Blasphemy!

The value of Lumberyard 14~Forty is somewhere between $750,000 and $1 million. The problem Mom has with Oldies 92~Seven, 14~Forty and 93~Three HD~Two is they can't monetize worn out oldies. Brokered programming is the way to go....at least on Lumberyard 14~Forty.

Agreed and agreed. How about they broker the 1440 and use the HD2 and 92.7 for moldy oldies?

The value of Lumberyard 14~Forty is somewhere between $750,000 and $1 million. The problem Mom has with Oldies 92~Seven, 14~Forty and 93~Three HD~Two is they can't monetize worn out oldies.

Oldies can sound like a lotta fun, done right. Go to Youtube and search for "WNBC Time Machine". A 1980s re-creation of 60s radio that IMHO is better than the original. It can be done....

I gotta tell ya that since they went to 92.7 FM Stereo, I have come across many others that are now listening, even businesses. I was in a Circle K the other day & they had it playing. I just wish they'd play a little bit more variety, maybe more early 60s & some more 50s, and try & distance themselves from the same stuff that KOOL & KSLX play over & over.

Bring back the live Sat. night live oldies request show. That would be different.

...but it would have to be a 50 & 60s oldies show. (like the old Dick Bartley Solid Gold)

It looks as if Dick Bartley may still be doing a weekly Saturday night type show, but it's definitely not '50s-'60s anymore. More like '70s-'80s. And I don't think it's live anymore (Sat 7 PM-12 AM ET); it must be downloadable from the syndicator's server.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom