• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WUSF reporter Yoselis Ramos in hot water over pushing "privilege politics" onto kids

The above response has nothing to do with Ms. Ramos' legal troubles. It would have been more appropriate for you to start a seperate thread in regards to WUSF's TV future.

Also, only three people have signed your petition. Given WUSF's programming choices (Sewing with Nancy, Wai Lana Yoga, Sit and Be Fit, etc.) is it really any surprise they're on the verge of shutting down?

Tampa has NEVER been a market big enough to support two PBS stations.

The above response has nothing to do with Ms. Ramos' legal troubles. It would have been more appropriate for you to start a seperate thread in regards to WUSF's TV future.

Also, only three people have signed your petition. Given WUSF's programming choices (Sewing with Nancy, Wai Lana Yoga, Sit and Be Fit, etc.) is it really any surprise they're on the verge of shutting down?

Tampa has NEVER been a market big enough to support two PBS stations.

You're right, but the only thing that is important from there in the area is obviously the 24/7 kids channel in 16.2. I mean how will parents explain to their kids what happened to the channel?

You're right, but the only thing that is important from there in the area is obviously the 24/7 kids channel in 16.2. I mean how will parents explain to their kids what happened to the channel?

WEDU could potentially replace one of their subchannels with the programming. It would be better to have the community reach out to WEDU, not a circulate petition to save the current WUSF.

Byron

WEDU could potentially replace one of their subchannels with the programming. It would be better to have the community reach out to WEDU, not a circulate petition to save the current WUSF.

Byron

Maybe, WUSF could be hopeless, but I may replace that petition with one where WEDU needs to replace the "pointless" WEDU+ in their 3.4 subchannel so that they can put a 24/7 kids channel on WEDU. That also means 3.3 would no longer have World and broadcast the Florida Channel (like Florida's version of C-SPAN ;)) 24/7, as the other half of the day (the morning hours, 7AM-7PM) would come to WEDU from WUSF, in the event that WUSF goes off the air after 50 years. Although there are benefits (WEDU Kids (24/7)), there are backlashes, like PBS World no longer being in Tampa Bay, as I don't think WEDU can add another subchannel (3.5) (they could, if they have enough money, or in this situation, enough funding, I guess? :confused:) That way, the kids in Tampa Bay will have somewhere to watch (if they don't have cable and/or satellite, just antenna, or parents just have basic cable with only local channels, TBS, and the (IMO) "boring" shopping channels) when WUSF goes away (WEDU Kids (3.4)) between Noon-3PM and during the evening (although I wouldn't recommend to stay and watch 3.4 all night, as kids, obviously need to go to school. :rolleyes:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom