• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

IP video stream to HDMI

M

Mike_T

Hi guys,

I need to stream a video via VLC from my computer, but i need to convert it from Ethernet to HDMI, for further distribution, i have this HDMI Extender

So, Are there any methods to convert IP to HDMI with keeping video stream compatible with that extender?

All an HDMI Extender does is simply extend an HDMI signal It does NOTHING for video that the original signal doesn't already do

Cheers & 73 :)

Last edited:
Hi, I don't know if this helps, but I have been downloading videos from YouTube. I use VLC to convert non-mp4 to mp4 then I load the content onto a USB thumb drive and plug it into my newly acquired BluRay player. It works very well. Sure it takes an extra step and time, but it works for me. Your mileage may vary. ;-)

Except you CANNOT convert the video to a higher screen resolution than the device will support

An example is the Sony PlayStation. While I'm not sure about the PS4 (As I don't own one), the PS3 however won't support ANYTHING higher than 640x360 (Basically 360p - LOWER than cable TV providers use for SD channels (Which I believe is somewhere around 720x576 if I'm not mistaken))

So BE CAREFUL/b] to read the specs. BEFORE converting a boatload of videos first, otherwise you will have just wasted a bunch of time

In any case - Good Luck :)

Cheers & 73 :D

Ah. Good point. I'm not into the PlayStations, et al, but I learned what I needed to know about the ability to watch stuff downloaded from YouTube.

Now, if I want to join the "cut the cable" bandwagon I see where there'll be some good programming deals on one of those other platforms, but then I'll have to decide if buying those other platforms just to watch the handful of channels I really want is worth it.

Aargh! Decisions. Decisions. Is it worth it to burn that many brain cells?

More research is in the offing. ;-)

And, 73s to you, sir.

It's also not a good idea to convert your videos to a higher screen resolution than what it's already at (Otherwise you encounter pixelation & other crap you don't want)

Cheers & 73 :D

In my case I had to convert the video because without the conversion I had NO audio to listen to. ;-) Non mpeg formats are fine online, not so good otherwise.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom