• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ga Radio Hall of Fame Announces 2016 Legacy Inductees

A little more information

Roland Brooks -- long-time farm news reporter from Athens, usually on the WSB early morning show with Minelle Causey
Johnny Murray -- night host on WGST, earlier on WQXI before it was Top 40 ("The Musical Murray-Go-Round")
Ed Shane -- PD of WPLO-FM when it was rock
Rhett Turnipseed -- Gainesville native, science reporter, covered NASA manned flights for VOA

And Larry Lane, B98.5 overnights and before that WQXI.
Farm Report. Ugh! I can remember doing farm report many years ago. There is no way you can screw up farm report. But its hard to get excited about the price of pork bellies on the Chicago Mercantile at 4 O'clock in the morning.

Hey Roddy - I do enjoy your posts here. This talk about the Georgia Radio HoF got me thinking about your blog - Atlanta Airwave Action (on which the final post was about the 2013 Georgia Radio HoF inductees). Is there any chance you will someday dust off the cobwebs and start posting there again? It was a very insightful read, which covered topics too in-depth to post here. At any rate, I am sure you will be at the induction ceremony again this year!

Never heard of any of these. Are we at the bottom of the barrel?

All meritorious. Ed Shane may have been the one who got the most trade press, as PD, manager and consultant. He was considered somewhat of a god by many who had worked with him.

Hey Roddy - I do enjoy your posts here. This talk about the Georgia Radio HoF got me thinking about your blog - Atlanta Airwave Action (on which the final post was about the 2013 Georgia Radio HoF inductees). Is there any chance you will someday dust off the cobwebs and start posting there again? It was a very insightful read, which covered topics too in-depth to post here. At any rate, I am sure you will be at the induction ceremony again this year!

I appreciate your comments. After writing the blog almost every week for 5 years, I just got burnt out. I miss some aspects of it but still can't get myself motivated to start it again. Who knows? I may feel differently some day.

Yes, I always attend the GRHOF's induction ceremony. I'm a big fan of the organization, and John Long has done an incredible job building it and running it.

Farm Report. Ugh!
My old buddy Bob "Bob Walker" Middleton did a character when he moved to Kansas, Porky Martin. Porky's schtick was "There's no farm news today!" Didn't set well with the farming people of Kansas and the station management banished him for a time, but let him come back when he didn't make fun of the "farm news."

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom