• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KYNC-LP Is Running A Bit Hot!

Anyone notice KYNC-LP 95.7 out of Sachse gets out just a bit better than it should?
Full Stereo quieting in Blue Ridge, RL maps show that signal should be long gone before Farmersville.
16 watts is a tad low for beneficial troposphere skip, wonder what their actual power output is.

Anyone notice KYNC-LP 95.7 out of Sachse gets out just a bit better than it should?
Full Stereo quieting in Blue Ridge, RL maps show that signal should be long gone before Farmersville.
16 watts is a tad low for beneficial troposphere skip, wonder what their actual power output is.

The "consultant" for this station was ANTONIO CESAR GUEL.

If you look at the coverage map on the REC page Sachse is in the marginal to fringe signal area in relation to the transmitter which is near Nevada. No way that's 16 watts.
I'm totally convinced that the majority of these church related LPFM apps and grants are scams. Nice to know the Sachse LPFM at 95.7 and the illegal Garland translator at 95.9 are neighbors. I've mentioned it before but I can't wait to see who files the first interference complaint. I'm in Rowlett so this does have some interest on my part.

I've attached a pic of 4111 Mitchell Ct. in Sachse, the address listed on the application.

Attachments

• cbk.jpg
    cbk.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Not defending here, but many LPFM stations operate from a home or use a home for a mailing address. I don't know anything about this specific station, however.

Not defending here, but many LPFM stations operate from a home or use a home for a mailing address. I don't know anything about this specific station, however.

The consultant's name is not on the license to cover but it is on the last modification of the CP application.

Applications must be signed under this FCC rule.
§73.3513 Signing of applications.
(a) Applications, amendments thereto, and related statements of fact required by the FCC must be signed by the following persons:

(1) Individual Applicant. The applicant, if the applicant is an individual.

(2) Partnership. One of the partners, if the applicant is a partnership.

(3) Corporation. An officer, if the applicant is a corporation.

(4) Unincorporated Association. A member who is an officer, if the applicant is an unincorporated association.

(5) Governmental Entity. Such duly elected or appointed officials as may be competent to do so under the law of the applicable jurisdiction, if the applicant is an eligible governmental entity, such as a State or Territory of the United States and political subdivisions thereof, the District of Columbia, and a unit of local government, including an unincorporated municipality.

(b) Applications, amendments thereto, and related statements of fact required by the FCC may be signed by the applicant's attorney in case of the applicant's physical disability or of his absence from the United States. The attorney shall in that event separately set forth the reason why the application is not signed by the applicant. In addition, if any matter is stated on the basis of the attorney's belief only (rather than his knowledge), he shall separately set forth his reasons for believing that such statements are true.

I've mentioned it before but I can't wait to see who files the first interference complaint.

I'm actually a bit surprised it hasn't been tagged by anyone yet. I know a lot of broadcasters do not like dealing with the FCC since it usually invites an inspection. I wouldn't be shocked if this never reaches the FCC and instead gets handled between KYNC-LP and another broadcaster privately.

Last edited:
I looked at the three applications and it appears the President's name is there. With everything done online these days you typically don't see a physical signature. The typed name at the bottom of the application is the case since most applications are filed by the engineer or attorney.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom