• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Wacks on 106.7 this afternoon

Larry Wacks and Walter <fill in initial/name here> was on 106.7 in Peterson's timeslot today. I listened for about 5 minutes . . . it sounded very flat; deadpan. Not something I could listen to for very long.

Walter Sterling. He does a late Sunday night show in Philadelphia on an AM news/talk station that I suspect is paid time. I had to laugh when a caller said he sounded like Gene Simmons because I thought the same thing. I was thinking of calling in and asking him when he was going to make amends with Peter and Ace.

They're on again tomorrow. I'll be curious to see how it evolves.

It's Wachs, W-A-C-H-S, by the way. Don't step on downed power lines!

(And in case anyone gets confused like me, they were on NewsRadio 106.7, not the old NewsRadio WGST! DURRR! Thanks again for the pointer, Rodney!)

Walter M. Sterling is Walt Sabo, a vaunted former radio consultant, who some people credit with creating the AC format.

Aha! Walt Sabo was also the guy who hired Larry at KLSX in Los Angeles, and suggested he bring along that other guy on his tape, Eric Von Haessler.

He is also a guy who sounds like Gene Simmons.

Last edited:
Walter M. Sterling is Walt Sabo, a vaunted former radio consultant, who some people credit with creating the AC format.

Walt Sabo is still doing consulting from an office in New York.

It is a wild stretch of the imagination to say he "invented" AC. The group he worked with in the 70's did AC on a number of FMs, but there had been AC stations well before that. In fact, Drake Chennault's "Hit Parade '68" was a very AC presentation of contemporary without the rock many years before.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom