Wacks on 106.7 this afternoon

Thread: Wacks on 106.7 this afternoon

Wacks on 106.7 this afternoon

Larry Wacks and Walter <fill in initial/name here> was on 106.7 in Peterson's timeslot today. I listened for about 5 minutes . . . it sounded very flat; deadpan. Not something I could listen to for very long.

Walter Sterling. He does a late Sunday night show in Philadelphia on an AM news/talk station that I suspect is paid time. I had to laugh when a caller said he sounded like Gene Simmons because I thought the same thing. I was thinking of calling in and asking him when he was going to make amends with Peter and Ace.

They're on again tomorrow. I'll be curious to see how it evolves.

It's Wachs, W-A-C-H-S, by the way. Don't step on downed power lines!

(And in case anyone gets confused like me, they were on NewsRadio 106.7, not the old NewsRadio WGST! DURRR! Thanks again for the pointer, Rodney!)
    How can I help you? Art Howard.com.

Walter M. Sterling is Walt Sabo, a vaunted former radio consultant, who some people credit with creating the AC format.

Quote Originally Posted by RoddyFreeman View Post
    Walter M. Sterling is Walt Sabo, a vaunted former radio consultant, who some people credit with creating the AC format.
    Aha! Walt Sabo was also the guy who hired Larry at KLSX in Los Angeles, and suggested he bring along that other guy on his tape, Eric Von Haessler.

He is also a guy who sounds like Gene Simmons.
    Last edited by ArtyBoy; 03-29-2016 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Bob Moore came up with the name "Regular Guys," not Walt Sabo.
    How can I help you? Art Howard.com.

Moderator/Assistant Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by RoddyFreeman View Post
    Walt Sabo is still doing consulting from an office in New York.

It is a wild stretch of the imagination to say he "invented" AC. The group he worked with in the 70's did AC on a number of FMs, but there had been AC stations well before that. In fact, Drake Chennault's "Hit Parade '68" was a very AC presentation of contemporary without the rock many years before.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

I wish. NO the WPHT show is not paid time. They actually pay me. Amazing but true

[QUOTE=ArtyBoy;6092586]Walter Sterling. He does a late Sunday night show in Philadelphia on an AM news/talk station that I suspect is paid time.

Yes I hired the Regular Guys at KLSX. Gene Simmons is rich, no need to confuse us

Quote Originally Posted by waltersterling View Post
    I wish. NO the WPHT show is not paid time. They actually pay me. Amazing but true
    Way to come in and stand up for yourself 15 months later.