• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Kbpi 105.9

thebeach33445

Leading Participant
Hey Guys:

Would anybody know when KBPI was a soul format. I know it started in 1969 with Carl Haynes as PD and Freeman "Cosmo" Harris as Commercial mgr.

If that's the case what was KBPI from 1965 to 1969? Classical, Beautiful Music or MOR.

Thanks
T.J.

According to Wikipedia (Under KALC's page) KBPI was a rocker from the get-go (Which would of course include the 1960s)

Hope this helps.....

Cheers & 73 :D

According to Wikipedia (Under KALC's page) KBPI was a rocker from the get-go (Which would of course include the 1960s)

Hope this helps.....

Cheers & 73 :D

Not sure about 65-69, but using the Las Solanas surveys as a guide, KBPI was Soul until April or May of 1971; charts later in the year indicated a Top 40 sound. By early 1972, they were Album Oriented or "Progressive" as the format was called.

Hey Guys:

Here is my timeline for 105.9

June 21, 1965-KBPI- ? Classical, Beautiful Music or MOR.

________1969-KBPI R&B

May 3, 1971-KBPI Top 40

January 3, 1972-KBPI-Progressive AOR

That's what I have so far.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom