• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Has anyone noticed...

Too many corporate back pockets ???

Or perhaps Boston has lots of successful broadcast operations.

Tilden, Please don't troll. If you have nothing constructive to post, please don't post snarky comments.

Frank Berry

It is not meant to be snarky or trolling. Just attempting to state in short hand that corporate ownership has turned all terrestrial radio ( AM and FM) into vanilla.
Nothing wrong with vanilla - my favorite ice cream- but what can you really say about it.
The point is not much to comment upon broadcasts that a predictable.
Subsequently, that will directly affect the vanilla message boards here.
Have no idea if this site is corporately owned or funded or if owned and run by a sole proprietor much like Boston's WJIB
Thanks for reading this. Hope this clarifies previous postings.

Something new?

Just attempting to state in short hand that corporate ownership has turned all terrestrial radio ( AM and FM) into vanilla.

Is "Corporate ownership" something new?

In the old days:

WEEI-A/F own by CBS Corporation

WRKO/WROR owned by General Tire Corporation

WHDH-A/F owned by Blair Corporation

WBZ-A/F owned by Westinghouse Corporation

WCOP0A/F owned by Plough/Shcering Corporation

Kiss 108-A/F owned by Heftel Corporation

WJIB owned by GE Corporation

Is "Corporate ownership" something new?

In the old days:

WEEI-A/F own by CBS Corporation

WRKO/WROR owned by General Tire Corporation

WHDH-A/F owned by Blair Corporation

WBZ-A/F owned by Westinghouse Corporation

WCOP0A/F owned by Plough/Shcering Corporation

Kiss 108-A/F owned by Heftel Corporation

WJIB owned by GE Corporation

Wimmmex,

I believe what the writer meant was that consolidation under a (very) few large corporations is what's turning everything into plain vanilla.

I remember all the corporate owners you cited above except Heftel, but that may be because I care(d) little about PI$$ 108.

For a while WJIB was an NBC O&O after its Kaiser-Globe Broadcasting tenure. NBC turned it over to GE (talk about prophetic!).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom