• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

La Nueva 94.1 THE New Home of...

M

mrtejano

Just saw on their Facebook page that La Nueva 94.1 will be the New Home of the Houston Astros in Spanish. So this station will slowly start losing their Christian faith? I know many will say "Christians like sports too". But I see this station will soon become more commercial. Also noticed they change their Logo and are starting to use their LATINO BROADCASTING CORPORATION trade mark on this station too.

And for the first time I hear the station sounding more professional. I heard for the first time a professional call sign for the station. El Muñeco starts speaking mentioning the call ID, including KODA HD2 or Hd3 I forgot which one he mentioned but they finally include it on their radio Id.

Yeah, it only took how many months? Just like La Mejor, no mention of the translator's callsign, just KODA's digital sub.

Yes a very long time , but they finally did it. I expect them to leave the nonprofit stations and make it a commercial station soon. Will probably keep the name since it sounds better to me than LA MEJOR. They should had named LA MEJOR, LA NUEVA instead. It has a better sounding name.

Mr. Tejano...

I absolutely abhor money grabbing ministries. Last time I mentioned one on this board folks attacked me and I ended up getting banned, so I won't do that again. On the flip side of the coin, however, are smaller ministries. I am personally involved with one that actually works with individuals one on one, helping them in the manner mandated by Matthew 25:35 (food, clothing, shelter, and the daily struggles of life). Giving and donations are seldom enough to totally support these types of ministries. That's why non-profits and churches have to invest. Many invest in the stock market, bonds, and real estate investment trusts. Some start separate for profit businesses that produce income.

Here, I have personally observed and worked with the pastor and ministry that was involved with this and other radio stations. I believe he is truthful, sincere, and his actions are in the Lord's service. I have encountered many false prophets, and I discern he is not of the deceitful crowd. See https://youtu.be/IsxcaG4Myyk

Funds were apparently used to buy a cheap radio license that, with a little skill, was moved to a new location and developed so as to substantially increase its worth. It has now apparently been sold to someone, which brings in significant income to further support the ministry.

Wow at that video. Some people really, really want mo money. LOL

So who bought 94.1?

Last edited:
Wow at that video. Some people really, really want mo money. LOL

So who bought 94.1?

Yes Thats some people, And it ese purchased by Latino Broadcast Corporations ( CENTRO CRISTIANO DE VIDA ETERNA) AKA Héctor Guevarra. Same owner as La Mejor 104.5.

Sorry to say JoeFM, but it looks like you dont even know then that well either... i had been in the backstage of all this with them and its all about money... not to help other but to help them self... radio station that has been built by donation are now making them money!!! hope they give some back!!! to the donors...

Mr. Tejano...

I absolutely abhor money grabbing ministries. Last time I mentioned one on this board folks attacked me and I ended up getting banned, so I won't do that again. On the flip side of the coin, however, are smaller ministries. I am personally involved with one that actually works with individuals one on one, helping them in the manner mandated by Matthew 25:35 (food, clothing, shelter, and the daily struggles of life). Giving and donations are seldom enough to totally support these types of ministries. That's why non-profits and churches have to invest. Many invest in the stock market, bonds, and real estate investment trusts. Some start separate for profit businesses that produce income.

Here, I have personally observed and worked with the pastor and ministry that was involved with this and other radio stations. I believe he is truthful, sincere, and his actions are in the Lord's service. I have encountered many false prophets, and I discern he is not of the deceitful crowd. See https://youtu.be/IsxcaG4Myyk

Funds were apparently used to buy a cheap radio license that, with a little skill, was moved to a new location and developed so as to substantially increase its worth. It has now apparently been sold to someone, which brings in significant income to further support the ministry.

Why aren't there any Houston translators doing things right? Or are there? It's getting hard to find them.

Last edited:
I absolutely abhor money grabbing ministries.

NOBODY is ever called to a ministry of criticizing other ministries. If we have the gift of discernment, and we have a concern - we are to take it to our prayer closet and take it up with God. PERIOD. That includes La Nueva, KSBJ, and Joel Osteen. God is working in so many directions, reaching people in so many ways, you cannot possibly understand all of them. You ministry sounds good, feeding, clothing, and sheltering poor. Do NOT be puffed up with pride and say "I am doing THIS, what are YOU doing". Because if you do, your ministry becomes as empty as the Pharisee on the corner with his loud prayer.

So the Guel LPFM application on 89.7 that was dismissed, uses the same phone number and mailing address as Guevara does.
http://www.fccinfo.com/CMDProEngine.php?sCurrentService=FM&tabSearchType=Appl&sAppIDNumber=1629885
http://www.fccinfo.com/CMDProEngine.php?sCurrentService=FM&tabSearchType=Appl&sAppIDNumber=1716520
Are they one in the same or somehow connected to each other? There must be a reason 89.7 was dismissed. Why is nobody standing up to 94.1 or most of the other stations owned by these guys?

Radio's becoming so much of a joke down here in Texas, we can call it ROFLRadio. Wait I think that station actually exists, ROFL.

Last edited:
Stand up and do what? Complain about 104.5? A frequency that no one here in Houston listens to? 94.1? Nobody even has that channel saved on their radios either. Before La Mejor came to Houston you couldn't listen to 104.5 from Beaumont, so it's not like you miss it? Or do you miss it??

LOL I do not miss it, and I'm not in Beaumont.
You're right though I shouldn't care, those stations just play niche formats that most people I know will just skip. Neither me nor nobody I know listens to Spanish Christian for example. I only thought it was good to stand up for what was right.

Last edited:
LOL I do not miss it, and I'm not in Beaumont.
You're right though I shouldn't care, those stations just play niche formats that most people I know will just skip. Neither me nor nobody I know listens to Spanish Christian for example. I only thought it was good to stand up for what was right.

Which is? What is wrong according to you about what they're doing?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom