• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

FM Translator Granted for nearby AM

they had to put the translator on 91.5 KYFB tower to able to broadcast which means a shorter tower and that weaker coverage, the west of the county would have a hard time receiving the signal whitesboro collinsville and tioga, (but i have an idea, since the 92.3 translator is not broadcasting anything, id say if their able to buy that translator and put that on the west side on the county maybe perhaps that tower near gage and wright road, and they can cover the west side of the county that way)

I was able to check in the car yesterday and this morning, K267CB is definitely on the air. Broadcasting in stereo, which they should probably shut off, and to put it blunt it sounds terrible. Worse than KXEZ or KHYI which I didn't think was possible, sounds like a very low bitrate internet feed; almost sounds like an AM radio. I assume this audio is just for testing and not the final product.

Drove to Sherman on Saturday and tried to pick it up. Signal is pretty weak to the south and west. Driving up 289 it didn't start coming in until the RR overpass north of Gunter and it was still very spotty until I cut across to 75 at Howe.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom