• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

"THE" Talk Station

Isn't 55KRC's weekday schedule just a tad tired? Three hosts in a row who are the usual pro big-repub. establishment. I was spinning the dial looking for anything and did happen to find Herman Cain on WHIO. At least he sounds less PC and less establishment. (I can't stand the choices on WLW. What passes for communication there simply reflects the limitations of the hosts most of the time.) But really - is there even a program director at KRC? They need a shake-up.

A better tag line would be.. Get Off My Lawn! The average listener has to be over 65 years old. I can't imagine listening to the same opinions all day on every show that is on the air each day. It's like Chinese water torture.

A better tag line would be.. Get Off My Lawn! The average listener has to be over 65 years old. I can't imagine listening to the same opinions all day on every show that is on the air each day. It's like Chinese water torture.

Yeah - that is why Herman Cain would be better. His show is not just stacked with calls that agree with the host. His show has a pretty clever format with catch phrases. He's got common sense, and experience running a corporation. He is quick with funny comments, and is way better taking calls b/c he is actually interested in people.

Burned Out

Yeah - that is why Herman Cain would be better. His show is not just stacked with calls that agree with the host. His show has a pretty clever format with catch phrases. He's got common sense, and experience running a corporation. He is quick with funny comments, and is way better taking calls b/c he is actually interested in people.

In the hosts' defense: I simply think part of the staleness is "burn out" of the hosts. They're probably as sick of listening to themselves as much as you are...lol

By the way - I just happened to hear KRC run the FOX news at the bottom of the hour. FOX dishonestly used a clip they said was "Trump speaking to his followers". This clip was actually of Trump mocking Hillary by how SHE yells at HER followers.

Another thing about the national offerings. Their "calls" are such set ups, the callers just waste time ingratiating themselves with the host. So - the draw of "talk radio" is nullified. PD should make effort to get a real talk show with real callers.

Another thing about the national offerings. Their "calls" are such set ups, the callers just waste time ingratiating themselves with the host. So - the draw of "talk radio" is nullified. PD should make effort to get a real talk show with real callers.
It is hard to say what is going on at that station. Does anyone out here know if anyone is manning the ship?

In the hosts' defense: I simply think part of the staleness is "burn out" of the hosts. They're probably as sick of listening to themselves as much as you are...lol

I think it's a case of sour grapes: case of self-importance. They love to hear themselves when they think they are influential players.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom