• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Bill Bennett_Salem

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a...bennett-exits-mornings-at-salem-radio-network
Bill Bennett will be leaving as host of 'Morning in America' after 12 years. He'll remain with the network, but do smaller bits. I imagine the grind of a morning show was something he may not have wanted to do any longer at his age. Hugh Hewitt will be taking over. Salem has had Hewitt co-host some of the GOP debates, and a morning show has a higher profile so that's likely why this change is being made before the political season hits full speed. Bennett was my morning show of choice in the truck. I'll give Hewitt a try, but may just start tuning into the Paul W. Smith program on WJR again.

I wonder how this will affect WAVO in Charlotte? It's a standards station that has struggled, and apparently part of the solution was to add the morning talk show and Salem's news on the hour.

Listeners have come through with donations the past two years to pay for music royalties, but this has not changed the fact that the station has a talk show in the morning and lots of talk (mostly local) on weekends. If the listeners support the music that much, I'm sure they'd appreciate just dumping talk in the morning.

Bennett was only doing 4 mornings a week, Mark Davis (ex WBAP/ABC host) was on Friday mornings. He's probably going to be replacing Hewitt in the 6-9 eastern slot at night.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom