• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

International Super Bowl Coverage

Where to watch:

International Viewing
Australia: Seven Network, 7mate, ESPN
Canada: CTV
England: Channel 4, Sky Sports
France: W9
Italy: Italia 1, Fox Sports 2
Germany: SAT 1
Mexico: Televisa
New Zealand: Sky TV
Spain: Canal+

Where to watch:

International Viewing
Australia: Seven Network, 7mate, ESPN
Canada: CTV
England: Channel 4, Sky Sports
France: W9
Italy: Italia 1, Fox Sports 2
Germany: SAT 1
Mexico: Televisa
New Zealand: Sky TV
Spain: Canal+

I'm surprised that some of those countries would have enough interest to warrant running the game, even if it is at a very off hour in Australia, New Zealand and the European nations.

It was on BBC 2 in England (and indeed the whole United Kingdom!) not Channel 4 this time.

Channel 4 and ITV have both screened it in previous years but the BBC got the rights this time around. Grid Iron Football is quite a niche thing in the UK, but has a loyal cult following, especially for the Super Bowl.

It has been stated that the NFC and AFC Championships are often better than the Super Bowl. I know to people in Charlotte the NFC Championship game seemed like a much better game. We didn't expect the Cardinals to just fall apart like that. We expected a real challenge.

And then it was the Panthers' turn. At least the defense came through. Sort of.

I don't know what makes a good game, really. I almost never watch.

I don't think I have ever seen any 'championship' game where there was not one offensive significant play but this Stupid Bowl had it. Terrible, boring game.

I must admit I generally find Grid Iron far too stop start to watch, except as an occasional novelty.

But being British I was obviously raised with scoccer

"Terrible game to offer our international friends. Super Bowls should always come with a disclaimer that the regular season usually offers much better football than the overhyped mess at season's end." Quote from Landtuna

Very, very true but it was nice to see Cam Newton enjoy some of the "humble pie"
he so often served up to others....................

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom