• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Scripps & Journal

I know this topic is almost over, but there is one more thing that is missing from the former Journal stations. They don't have the Scripps Graphics currently used on other Scripps stations (like WFTS, WCPO, etc.). However WGBA in Green Bay is starting to convert slowly. Their graphics for Scripps aren't up yet, but Scripps' music package, Inergy is already being used of NBC 26 WGBA. When will all the former Journal stations start to use it, not including WTMJ's The Now news program?

According to what I read, Scripps is transitioning their own stations over to the system Journal used because it's actually more advanced than what Scripps was using for their stations, so it'll still be a few more months before then (and judging by how Media General's Young stations like WBAY are using a near carbon-copy version, they probably don't want to put those on WGBA or WTVF). WGBA was actually using a version of the Journal graphics mock-up designed for their degrading SD system before the re-do allowed it to transition to an HD system.

What's even more interesting is that the Journal stations are still viewable via Livestream

I'm guessing either the Journal stations will disappear from Livestream, the Scripps stations will start appearing on Livestream OR (As seems to be the case now), the streams will remain as is

Thoughts ??

Cheers & 73 :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom