• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

It's gone!

I guess it happened in the last few days but the old self supporting radio tower at the back of Fair Park is gone. I drive past the area on I-30 every morning and noticed it missing today. It was in sad shape and it was shortened sometime back. Once upon a time it was home to WRR-FM and city communications stuff.

All that's left is the white touristy thing.

Trying to remember what year WRR-FM finally moved to Cedar Hill. They were well behind the other stations in doing so-still on the Fair Park tower in the late 70's. Wonder if that would pass RF safety muster by today's standards?

The old tower put a fairly decent signal into Tarrant County, but noticeably inferior to the Cedar Hill sticks. The dynamic range of Classical music made the disparity more apparent.

Trying to remember what year WRR-FM finally moved to Cedar Hill. They were well behind the other stations in doing so-still on the Fair Park tower in the late 70's. Wonder if that would pass RF safety muster by today's standards?

The old tower put a fairly decent signal into Tarrant County, but noticeably inferior to the Cedar Hill sticks. The dynamic range of Classical music made the disparity more apparent.

They were a late arrival on Cedar Hill, not moving there until 1985. The Fair Park stick was also the proposed site of the very short-lived application for WRR-TV (Channel 29) in 1952 (the CP was granted to KLIF, but KLIF-TV never made it on there air). Additionally the site was proposed for the original application of KERA-TV before they were able to secure the vacated studios and tower of WFAA-TV on Harry Hines.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom