• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Nathanielle Radcliff-SOB edits?

tall_guy1

Star Participant
Any CHR or Hot AC playing this? How do they edit the "bitch" part out since its essential to the message of the song?

Any CHR or Hot AC playing this? How do they edit the "bitch" part out since its essential to the message of the song?

It was the first song played when that translator in Atlanta switched from the "Warm" stunt to alt 99-X. The word was left in, just as CHR station left it in Elton John's "The Bitch Is Back" in the '70s and album rockers left it in the Stones' "Bitch" in the same decade. The word isn't taboo the way Cee-Lo Green's F-bomb was in his radio smash "Forget" You.

A little late to this thread, but...

Keep in mind there was a #1 CHR/pop hit in 1997 called "Bitch" by Meredith Brooks.

Probably the only thing that would have needed editing would have been omitting "god damn" out of the phrase "someone give me a god damn drink".

I did notice earlier this year it did get some brief light rotation (about 14x a week) at KFRH/Las Vegas and KMXV/Kansas City. It did get some good rotation earlier at Hot AC KALC/Denver. I personally loved the song and would have provided a refreshing change of pace to CHR, but I guess I am in the minority.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom