• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Howie Carr Is So Generous

T

Tilden

Someone called Howie Carr's show and asked what happened to "Sandy".
Carr said " she got another job".
Yeah, Nancy Shack has her own talk show on WMEX1510, the " Sandy Shack Show" M-F 12pm-3pm.
So much for all the support Sandy gave you for many years.

When McPhee had her do you know who I am moment in the DWI arrest,Howie didn't mention it on air.Maybe they're friends or colleagues (or,were...) but when asked about it on Reddit he said,why should I mention the competition?...As for Sandy when her show started,no mention by Howie,not even a "she's gone out on her own,thanks to her and good luck".I guess he finally did say this.

Maybe a bitter parting.Maybe in private he thanked her and wished her well.
Last yr at this time they were on WMEX.
As soon as RKO took Howie back,so long...1510,what's that?

"That's how this business goes"-'
Harry Chapin,"W.O.L.D"

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3n8auc/james_whitey_bulger_tried_to_murder_me_i_am_howie/

At the bottom.Someone charges him with
hypocrisy.
ebrat4062*27 points*4 months ago*

What are your thoughts on Michelle McPhee's drunk driving arrest? I was surprised you hadn't brought it up on air.

[–]HowieCarr*4 points*4 months ago*

She's a competitor. Why would I mention a competitor?

permalinkparent

[–]rdcomm1*3 points*4 months ago*

Maybe because you've taken such pleasure in exposing the hypocrisy of people you don't know and now McPhee, who used the don't you know who I am line you claim to despise, is proven to be more of a hypocrite than you?

permalinkparent

[–]JohnnyReefe*0 points*4 months ago*

Give it a rest buddy

permalinkparent

[+]rdcomm1*comment score below threshold**(1 child)

Last edited:
I was surprised Howie didn't do or say something. They've worked together for 20 years. To lump her in with other 'competitors'... kind of cold. Unless things ended badly.

I did catch Mayor Hedlund on her show yesterday.

Of course he called her Nancy and they didn't seem to catch it in time.

She did mention that she's been working on other people's shows for a while but that it was time to have her own show. Good for her!

Times have changed!

WRKO-AM080912.gif

Not Exactly

Amplitude a new sign-up today! Signed up just to comment on Sandy/Nancy, huh?

I was a poster for several years, but my account no longer worked after the site transition.

So I'm just getting around to creating a new account.

Actually, it's Cooksie and I just wanted to post a photo of myself!

I have to say I'm lost here. As big a d--k as Howie Carr can be, there's no way he should ever redirect listeners to a competitor. Although now that I have heard Nancy on WMEX I'd have to say the fewer people who know about the program the better off she will be. You call that major market talk radio?

No I don't call it "major market radio" but it is sure a great alternative to Rush or Khuner.
OK I'll give you Ryan Johnston on WCAP isn't bad, if you don't mind a 3 hour monologue, but Nancy is well prepared, and easy on the ears which is more than I can say for the guy on 680.

My gripe is the crossover with McScreech from 2:50 to 2:59.

PS has anyone figured out how McScreech is going to to her tour of Italy in a couple of months? Most of the time when you are out on bail awaiting trial you can't leave the State without written permission from the Probation Department, forget about leaving the country.

She couldn't get into Canada, they would refuse her entry as an undesirable due to the DWI arrest.... and that is for 10 years after probation ends after conviction or a CWOF.

No I don't call it "major market radio" but it is sure a great alternative to Rush or Khuner.

Nancy is well prepared, and easy on the ears .

Sorry to break up your love affair with Nancy/Sandy....

An alternative? Yes...

A "great" alternative? Hardly.

Between Noon and 3 it's a good time to check out Hear and Now, Fresh Air or The Takeaway from NPR....either that or it's Pandora or podcasts.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom