• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Sacred Heart Radio expanding in the NW

Too bad that KGHO is leaving on 103.3. That was widely heard in the South Sound. But at least it's not another CSN translator...at least this is a local service.

Too bad that KGHO is leaving on 103.3. That was widely heard in the South Sound. But at least it's not another CSN translator...at least this is a local service.

I thought that KGHO vacated 103.3 ages ago. I think you are referring to their 101.1 signal originating from Capitol Peak. It does seem that no matter where you drive, you are always in range for some sort of CSN service in this state.

Either that, or the other K**Q call sign parked on a soon-to-be station in south Skagit County. Or both that and the other K**Q FM station.

Or that non-commercial CP for 105.5 in Sedro-Wooley. Looks like it would cover the valley and that's it.

That would be a bummer if both went that way. However, if it were me buying for Sacred Heart, I'd definitely try to buy both for greater FM coverage in Puget Sound.

Radio-X

If Sacred Heart buys / builds three or four stations, doesn't bother me any.

No one is forced to listen to the programming if they don't want to -- last time I checked, all radios had tuners of some type on them. Just sayin'.

Just heard yesterday that they're going to try to move the KGHO relayer in Ocean Shores to Shoreline on 100.3. We all know how well that'll work.

Last time I checked. I sure hope we're not in for more "Toby Mac"...

How about a Big Mac? "Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun..."

Hey, now there's a good idea for a new format - classic commercial jingles! Boss Bill - you out there?

How about a Big Mac? "Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun..."

Hey, now there's a good idea for a new format - classic commercial jingles! Boss Bill - you out there?

It's funny you should mention that. I saw a recipe to make your own Big Mac at home, complete with special sauce and they said what was in the sauce! Now back to our regularly scheduled thread:

Either that, or the other K**Q call sign parked on a soon-to-be station in south Skagit County. Or both that and the other K**Q FM station.

Or that non-commercial CP for 105.5 in Sedro-Wooley. Looks like it would cover the valley and that's it.

That would be a bummer if both went that way. However, if it were me buying for Sacred Heart, I'd definitely try to buy both for greater FM coverage in Puget Sound.

Radio-X

Actually, it's 105.7, not 105.5 (which is still occupied by that Mount Vernon KPLU translator K288GG. For now.) Kinda sad because I've actually started listening to CBC Radio 2 more when I drive around the NW Washington area and 105.7 doesn't have as noisy a signal as 92.1 from Victoria in Skagit, even with K288GG right next door.

On top of the Ocean Shores translator moving to Shoreline on the old KCMS tower, we have the Sampson translator applying to move to Olympia on 104.7.

As Bob in Edmonds pointed out, the 100.3 translator, while legal in the eyes of the FCC, is going to cause a major listening headache in North Seattle, Shoreline, Edmonds, and Lynnwood. CKKQ out of Victoria is exceptionally strong north of Seattle city limits, especially as one goes west from I-5. While directional to the southwest, I have a feeling this translator could strongly interfere with Hollow Earth Radio's soon-to-be LPFM on the same channel.

Anyway, what a bummer. Looks like one less Canadian signal to listen to up here (leaves 88.9, 90.5, 92.1, 98.5, 101.1, 103.1 and 107.3) and the loss of (in my opinion) the better of the classic rock stations receivable in the Puget Sound.

Radio-X

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom