• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

List of 2016 new syndicated shows?

mississippi fan

Frequent Participant
Does anyone know of a site that has a list of the new fall syndicated tv shows for 2016? Or does anyone here know and could list them. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

From the latest NAPTE get together:

Paternity Court gets a two season renewal
Harry Connick Jr. is most likely bound for the MyNet stations in the major markets (They will have the most gaps to fill come the fall, although he could end up on the FOX stations, or both)
FABLife is one and done. No word yet what the ABC O&O's are planning for the soon to be vacated hour.
Pawn Stars is headed to OTA reruns. (Pretty sure KDOC in LA has picked it up)
Wendy Williams will be gracing TV screens everywhere for another four seasons!
Celebrity Name Game gets a third season.

That's the list I have so far.

Ice & Coco - a new talk show with Ice-T and Coco Austin, will be syndicated by Warner Bros. Television for 2016-2017.
Right This Minute will replace The FABLife on ABC O&Os. Thank god. Didn't like that show...at all.
Monopoly Millionaires' Club may go 5 days a week. According to someone who works for the show, 165 episodes have been ordered for 16-17. http://www.gameshowforum.org/index.php/topic,28175.0.html?PHPSESSID=59e966a6d2941b8aafb6d571ab8a04d0
Millionaire has been renewed for another season with Chris Harrison.
Live with Kelly & Michael has been renewed through 2019-2020!
Funny You Should Ask is coming back for a revival via Byron Allen's Entertainment Studios.
http://deadline.com/2015/12/funny-y...ryon-allens-entertainment-studios-1201669197/
Family Feud is keeping Steve Harvey through 2021, per Broadcasting & Cable.
http://www.broadcastingcable.com/ne...ns-renew-steve-harvey-coming-down-wire/146151

-crainbebo

Is Funny You Should Ask an actual revival of the 1968-69 show (which I recalled as a kid) or a totally different vehicle similar in name only?

I guessed as much. The first Funny ran only eight months on ABC back then, so I wouldn't see how that could be revived. Then again, Chain Reaction only ran eight months on NBC in 1980 and that show has been revived three times since (USA, twice on GSN).

Last Man Standing is a new syndicated offering this fall

Seen an ad coming September 19th on KSTC Minneapolis

Just saw a promo for Harry Connick Jr's talk show...premiering 9/12 @ 9AM on KIMA/KEPR. Replaces Meredith Vieira, which was cancelled.
In Seattle, it airs on KOMO at 3PM replacing Steve Harvey. Wonder if KSTW will take Harvey's show, they used to air it. Harry is also cleared on WNYW in NYC and KTTV Los Angeles.
Have no idea on any other shows.

Last edited:
harrytv.com is already up and running with a functioning "where to watch" section before August. I know I'm impressed.

I just checked harrytv.com to see which Jackson (Miss.) tv station was going to carry him (or not). I was kind of surprised to see NBC affiliate WLBT 3 is going to run it at 2 p.m. replacing the God awful Fablife. I would have bet on Fox 40 WDBD to carry it at 10 a.m. replacing the cancelled Meredith Vieira. Who would have thought. LOL.

Harry will air in Memphis on WATN at 4pm. I wonder where Maury is going? And they got Jackson TN wrong, they actually listed a Jackson MS station.

Are there any markets where Harry will air in graveyard?

Are there any markets where Harry will air in graveyard?

Nope
...just a reair in some markets overnight.

One affiliate that is interesting is in Massachusetts it says WNEU will be carrying it... that is obviously right now the Telemundo affiliate in Boston

Harry Connick Jr. is actually going to be cleared in Traverse City! It's replacing a second run of Dr. Oz on WGTU at 5pm.
For Boston, WBIN will also be carrying it at 9pm

Hopefully Maury goes away for good in Memphis. That show hasn't been cleared in Yakima-Tri Cities for years, ditto with Jerry Springer. They can stay away for all I can say.
Has anyone heard anything about T.D. Jakes?

There's another new show called "The Security Brief with Paul Violis" that will begin next month. Affiliates include KDOC Los Angeles and WBNX Cleveland. Not many affiliates (and most are MNTV or CW stations) but that could change. http://securitybrieftv.com/where-to-watch/

Other than Last Man Standing, are there any other new sitcom/drama reruns? And which shows are gone come September? I suppose Raising Hope is on that list, maybe Cougar Town. I suppose the staples (Big Bang, Two and a Half Men, Modern Family) are safe, ditto with Seinfeld.

Other than Last Man Standing, are there any other new sitcom/drama reruns? And which shows are gone come September? I suppose Raising Hope is on that list, maybe Cougar Town. I suppose the staples (Big Bang, Two and a Half Men, Modern Family) are safe, ditto with Seinfeld.

Last Man Standing is cleared on Tribune stations. Tribune also cleared The Goldbergs and Mom for 2017.

A B&C article said that Fox is considering clearing Bob's Burgers, but there's been no news on that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom