• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Mainstream Rock cancelled?

CatCall

Frequent Participant
I’ve noticed that Mediabase is no longer listing a Top 50 for Mainstream Rock. The category still shows but there are no songs listed. It's been blank for a couple of weeks.

I’m guessing all of the stations that were Mainstream have now been reclassified as Active Rock and added to that format’s list. A local station for me WHEB is now categorized as Active Rock for example.

Does anyone know why they did this?

I’ve noticed that Mediabase is no longer listing a Top 50 for Mainstream Rock. The category still shows but there are no songs listed. It's been blank for a couple of weeks.

I’m guessing all of the stations that were Mainstream have now been reclassified as Active Rock and added to that format’s list. A local station for me WHEB is now categorized as Active Rock for example.

Does anyone know why they did this?
One of them has folded "Mainstream Rock" into "Active Rock". I think it's Mediabase. As for why, there probably weren't enough contributing stations for two separate charts.

When active rock doesn't have enough new material, as people have been saying here, it would seem pointless to have both. But it should have been the other way around.

When active rock doesn't have enough new material, as people have been saying here, it would seem pointless to have both. But it should have been the other way around.

I believe there are more Active Rock reporters than Mainstream, not that there are all that many combined.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom