Please save pulse 87 again - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please save pulse 87 again

The message is referring to Pulse87online.com - the Sound Exchange royalty rates taking effect on 1/1/2016 are affecting Pulse 87's financial ability to stream.

Text of the video message is available underneath the You Tube video and on Pulse87Online.com's Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...53469431508668

Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by pjc1961 View Post
    The message is referring to Pulse87online.com - the Sound Exchange royalty rates taking effect on 1/1/2016 are affecting Pulse 87's financial ability to stream.
    Then they are doomed, just as hundreds of others are. Internet users tend to think everything they access should be free.

Account Closed
    Joel is making the only business decision possible under the circumstances. I expect the ultra-niche formats to be among the first streams to go, because they have the lowest income of any to pay royalties from.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    Something's wrong with this video...it sounds like the reader is on drugs. Only 18 views. That's not a good sign.
    Sounds like a text to speech reader.
    I suspect the OP has a disability preventing him/her from speaking.
    Last edited by stewie; 01-04-2016 at 07:51 PM.
    I got out of the business before it sucked the life out of me.
    Now I just play radio online at www.allthebestoldies.com.

Yes I am disabled

I wouldn't say that, I am all for artists to get paid, and I also get my music legally from record pools. However, SoundExchange is out of control with trying to screw the broadcasters and some DJ's for that matter. I truly believe it's an agenda they're fufilling, and that's to get rid of the competition. For now, I am still streaming via StreamLicensing and I am going to stay until the very end.
    Owner/Operator at http://party732.com

Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by d21ofnj View Post
    I am going to stay until the very end.
    That's starting to look like "any minute now".

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by d21ofnj View Post
    I am going to stay until the very end.
    That's the same thing that "El Chapo" GuzmŠn said this morning.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

As a webcaster and terrestrial radio veteran, it angers me that while the CRB allowed the Small Webcaster's Act to expire, Terrestrial radio companies can get buy on streaming and pay the normal fees.

if you want an even playing field, make the FM guys pony up some of that Pureplay dough.

Studies have proven that Webcasters, like myself, have seen a substantial amount of growth in the last 2 years, pair that with the fact that auto makers are now making in car wifi standard options.
    8 Year Multi-talented radio vet looking to get off the beach and back behind a Mic

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast