Please save pulse 87 again
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please save pulse 87 again

Please save pulse 87 again

Hi Please review this video for more information . Lets help Save Pulse 87 - NYC radio station.. We need the help to save the jobs of all the employees that work at Pulse 87 NYC radio station.. Thank you for your time.. http://youtu.be/HXddfUlHq70

Account Closed
    Let's see.

Started with visions of being a network service. Didn't get close.

Its broadcast operation is via the audio of a channel 6 LPTV station (also referred to in the industry as Franken FMs) which might or might not be allowed to multiplex an analog FM service when they are required to go to digital telecasting. In other words, it's not a radio station, it's a television station, no matter how you try to spin it.

EDM as a format has never caught on to a degree where meaningful, saleable ratings were produced ... not in any market, anywhere in the U.S.

The vast majority of the audience is listening online, and we all know what just happened in that world.

I'm thinking of a six-letter word, starting with "D", with a backwards cow in the middle, and ending in "ed". Sorry.
    Last edited by K.M. Richards; 01-02-2016 at 04:15 PM.

Something's wrong with this video...it sounds like the reader is on drugs. Only 18 views. That's not a good sign.

All Franken FMs are going away soon anyway..give it up folks...they are not long for this world....

EDM manages to hang on in selected markets. It has never been a success on radio. Other than night clubs, and beer I don't see many other buys.

Not a mass Appeal format.

Quote Originally Posted by Groove1670 View Post
    EDM manages to hang on in selected markets. It has never been a success on radio. Other than night clubs, and beer I don't see many other buys.

Not a mass Appeal format.
    EDM seems like a genre that doesn't have many fans other than those who are very involved with the music -- go to clubs and/or concerts regularly. So its advocates see packed clubs and sold-out concerts and think there must be millions of others listening to it regularly at home or in the car. But that's not reality. It's kind of like the minor league baseball team that draws big crowds at its games but can't draw flies to its radio broadcasts. Those 8,000 people at the ballpark represent just about everyone interested in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Groove1670 View Post
    Besides Club LaVela, have any other night clubs bought an OTA radio station to play EDM?

Now I suddenly want to torture myself with EDM to see if anyone advertises on WPCF.
    Poledo

WPCF is a AM station with a FM translator. They probably have minimal operating costs (The station is probably at the club). This is a excellent marketing tool (I'm sure the promotie it at the club, and do all kinds of promotions and giveaways) and a great concept for a station that probably would be dead anyway.

In this case, a winning situation.

Club kids and EDM fans don't listen to radio.

Quote Originally Posted by mimo View Post
    Club kids and EDM fans don't listen to radio.
    They do in Europe. And even closer to home, the dance station in Mexico City is consistently in the top 5 (out of over 60 stations) in that market of 23 million.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast