• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WDJO...The Oldies Coming Soon to 2 FM Dial Positions?

That would be great. We need that station to be able to reach more than 20 people after sunset. How long does that process take and when could we expect it to happen?

Don't count on it actually happening. This is probably just a way to make the station look more valuable so they can sell it. It would take a few months to get the approval for the signal moves, so if they pay the bills and light it up it could be before Summer. I'd be surprised if the 99.5 even makes it. WAOL in Ripley may have some listeners on the east side of town that complain about interference. They would have to shut it off and move it or find another frequency. Good luck.

Well, yesterday I picked up W300CI 107.9 FM running WDJO's audio with their mighty 1 watt signal atop the Fox 19 studios! 1 watt sure is fun, the signal seemed to make it ok in western downtown, city hall, etc, and sounded great passing the Fox 19 studio heading to I-75 south, but it just barely made it across the Brent Spence bridge, and halfway up the Cut-in-the-Hill it was just about gone! LOL!!
It sounded great downtown however.

1 watt signal map:
http://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/patg?id=W300CI-FX

Last edited:
Funny thing is that we looked at 107.9 and asked Vic to do an engineering study from the Fox 19 roof as well as one of our AM sites (1050). Neither was too promising as it is a crowded channel.
We found a different Translator, with better coverage and a nicer price. You gotta have more than 30 or 40 watts.

So jry, what is your nicer translator at the nicer price? 107.9's only problem is the adjacent channel interference from WMMX on 107.7. It's actually a pretty clear channel. I don't know why anybody would want a translator site at the FOX 19 building or the WGRI tower. They're both in the valley with no hope of good coverage. WDBZ got lucky with that signal on 101.5 from their fairly short tower in Eden Park. Unless you're on top of one of the hills, you're not going to make it.

The latest CP for 99.5 is on the Channel 19 tower and a pretty good signal. 107.9 from Taylor Mill will help fill in the east side of town that WAOL will keep from hearing 99.5. But, don't expect to ever hear Oldies on these FMs. Owner is using them to increase interest in selling the AM station. I'd be surprised if these CPs ever get built by the current owner.

I carried 99.5 all the way home from UC to Cleves. Obviously still processed for am, but solid signal on my pretty bad car radio.

I heard 99.5 from downtown up to Fairfield. Signal strength is about the same as 102.3 and 103.1 up here.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom