• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Predictions for 2016?

Just based on the ratings that came out earlier this week, I'd say that KLIF-AM will undergo some kind of change. It's a wasted frequency right now with no visibility in the market whatsoever.

The Ticket continues to trail KRLD-FM in overall listenership, while still winning many dayparts in the key demos. I would say the Ticket could undergo some changes, but I doubt there's much they could or would do aside from getting the Rangers or Cowboys games.

KSKY may finally be getting some traction with Mark Davis and Sean Hannity. The question is whether or not Salem will actually figure out how to promote that station to make it competitive during a presidential election year. It's a golden opportunity that I suspect they'll completely miss while still looking like they're succeeding if they continue their slow upward trend in the ratings.

LOL You're probably right.

In all seriousness....I think it would do well if it is done correctly. KKUS/Tyler is a classic country format and they're consistently high in the ratings. They can be heard as far west as Terrell or found online at www.theranch.fm (includes a stream).

Being high in the ratings doesn't guarantee that you make money. And what works in Tyler doesn't mean it will work in Dallas.

COAST TO COAST will finally be easily listened to in the metroplex when it returns to KLIF, no more jumping back and forth between KOA, WOAI, and KFAQ on the drive home!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom