Database errors - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Database errors

I think we're going to see more of these kinds of things to protect sites. If this site has received as many hits as has been indicated, it needs protection.

Ah, I thought it was the interstitial page that redirects the browser that was causing the issue. Hopefully the grinches who are DDoSing this website will find something better to do with their time soon. Merry Christmas to you too, Frank! Thanks for letting us ask questions and sound off here. It's greatly appreciated.

Tom,

You may be able to program your computer to pause after connecting. Pausing just long enough to get through the interstitial page.

I'm getting my feeds through a third party website & app called Inoreader. I'm not sure it has that ability but I'll investigate.

On the plus side, this issue has finally gotten me to do something I've been meaning to do for ages, namely bookmark all the subforums on this site that I like to visit regularly. Now I have quick direct access to many subforums, including ones I never bothered to subscribe to, direct from my bookmarks bar.

I keep an eye on http://www.radiodiscussions.com/activity.php which shows me every bit of activity on the site.
    Far easier than going from Board to Board.

Frank

Now we have to enter a number every time we submit a post, either as a preview or when we finally submit it? This just started a few minutes ago.

For the record, I'm running Firefox 43 on Linux Mint 17.3
    Last edited by KeithE4; 12-29-2015 at 08:47 PM.
    We have to save the Earth! It's the only planet with football and beer.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithE4 View Post
    Now we have to enter a number every time we submit a post, either as a preview or when we finally submit it? This just started a few minutes ago.

For the record, I'm running Firefox 43 on Linux Mint 17.3
    I only had to do that once, when trying to edit a post (it failed and I lost the edit). Since then, strangely, no capchas or Cloudflare pages or anything. And RSS feeds are working again. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by tomservo View Post
    I only had to do that once, when trying to edit a post (it failed and I lost the edit). Since then, strangely, no capchas or Cloudflare pages or anything. And RSS feeds are working again. Yay!
    After a half-dozen times, it stopped for me as well. Seems to be back to normal now.
    We have to save the Earth! It's the only planet with football and beer.

It's happened to me as well. Once while I was doing some "behind the scenes" work with the VBulletin software.
    At that time, I had several tabs open. I believe that the capchas are coming from Cloudflare.
    Remember ... you have a thirty-minute limit when posting or editing. It's always a good idea to copy your text into memory (Ctrl+C) before posting.
    That way, you can always recover your text.
    Here is more information:

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en...-site-visitor-
    Last edited by frankberry; 12-30-2015 at 04:07 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123