• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

991 fm is now Bloomberg radio!

Bloomberg just regurgitates the position of the elites

Bloomberg is just regurgitated elitist material. We already know the position of Clinton, Bush, Rubio (Rubio is the same person that is pretending to be ant-immigration but he wants to triple H1B visas) and the rest of the elitists in Washington DC.

When will a news organization that actually represents the will of the people emerge from this scrap heap of propaganda?

When will a news organization that actually represents the will of the people emerge from this scrap heap of propaganda?

They also have WPFW Pacifica News in DC. Is that what you mean? I also think there's a station that runs Al Jazeera in the DC area.

Bloomberg is just regurgitated elitist material.

It's hardly "elitist" material. It is simply news of interest to business people without much of the car chase and celebrity news covered elsewhere.

Not true. I'd listen to it from time to time, when NPR is on some boring shows/segments. Probably wouldn't gain too many more listeners anywhere, though.

Cathy Hughes missed a golden opportunity to buy that station and put a Gospel format on it!

Gospel is a difficult format to sell as the bulk of listeners are over 55. That's the main reason they abandoned a format with great 12+ ratings in Houston; the 12+ looked good but the 25-54 was not so good.

Isn't there a pretty big gospel signal already in the Baltimore/ DC metro area? 95.1 If I'm not wrong. That's a neat dial location too.

Isn't there a pretty big gospel signal already in the Baltimore/ DC metro area? 95.1 If I'm not wrong. That's a neat dial location too.
WRBS caters more to a white audience. They're more 'contemporary Christian' or 'contemporary inspirational'. What I'm speaking of is a 'Black Gospel' format similar to that of either Heaven-600 or Praise 104.1 down in Waldorf. If 99.1 would go to such a format, Heaven-600 would probably be forced to do something else.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom