• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

How to build a pirate radio station for $5

maradiogeek

New Participating Member
Article in the new Maker newsletter - how to build a pirate radio station for $5!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so you are aware, since "Pirate Radio" stations are illegal your post probably wont be here long. The Moderators(s) of this board seem to have stepped up their efforts to clean up these boards. I'm not complaining. I'm grateful for their efforts.

maradiogeek (and everyone),

I do not permit the promotion of illegal activities on this website.
Thanks for your understanding.

Frank Berry

I most certainly was NOT advocating that anyone build a pirate radio station -- just the opposite. I was trying to let everyone know that the Maker movement now seems to be in the business of assisting those who want to skirt the law. Someone needs to let the FCC know about this. I apologize that I was not more clear about this.

Does that even send out enough “juice” to power a firefly, let alone transmit beyond about the radius of a bathroom stall?
It says something to the effect of needing to use like a 2 inch wire (that is a regular, string size wire, not coax), that acts as the antenna!
Yeah, that will send out a signal that will compete with the Roxbury-Dorchester area pirates! P=)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom