• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

wklb

I've noticed today that WKLB has added a new top 30 countdown on Saturdays?? The bull has one on Sundays so not sure why they wouldn't have put it on Sundays instead. Btw where did the top 40 Bob kingley's countdown go? I wonder if they feel if the Bull is a threat. Just a thought.

The new Top 30 countdown is hosted by their own Kevin Kennedy. Apparently they got rid of Bob Kingsley to go for a younger sound. Ironically WKLB is still airing Bob Kingsley ads for Wounded Warriors during the old time slot 6-10 AM. I’m surprised they got rid of the Top 40 especially since Carolyn Kruse used to fill in for Bob K when he took time off.

Looked up--Kingsley hosted American Country Countdown till 2005 when he failed to reach an agreement with ABC Radio
and struck out on his own; dist by Jones which was acquired by Dial Global...which was acquired by Cumulus. His former show is hosted by country artist Kix Brooks; ACC is now prod. and dist. by Cumulus as well and earlier this yr I believe
NASHIcon stations (Cumulus)began airing old ACC with Bob Kingsley shows as "ACC Rewind"

WORC-FM 98.9 in Worcester is a Cumulus NASHIcon station; don't see mention of ACC Rewind on their site.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom