• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WMGK 102.9

AM/FMRAINMAN

Frequent Participant
Has anybody noticed how good WMGK sounds. They are finally really dipping into the 80s music. It is tenfold better than WOGL who is still stuck in the moldy oldies 60s. I just think everything about this station is great. They are now playing GnR, Whitesnake, Poison, AC/DC. WOGL will not even touch these artists.

I listen to it a lot at work. It's my first choice for classic rock. Of course, an Internet listener in Missouri probably isn't their first priority, but they're really good.

Well, Guns n Roses, Whitesnake, Poison, AC/DC are certainly NOT for a Classic Hits station like WOGL that plays Michael Jackson, Hall & Oates and Madonna. WMGK's ratings are great but I'm not sure I want my Classic Rock station to play those hard rock 80s artists. I'd expect them more on WMGK's sister station, WMMR, which is a station that plays harder edged rock from the 60s to the present. WMGK's core is The Stones, Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, Tom Petty, Billy Joel... even The Beatles.

Hate to say it, but when a Classic Rock station I'm listening to starts playing AC/DC or GnR, I switch to another station.

Lol. I am the exact opposite. When Fleetwood Mac, the Eagles, Tom Petty and Billy Joel are playing...that is when I switch the station. Then they sound exactly like WOGL minus the motown they have been playing for the past 30 years. I also forgot to mention, they are also playing the Scorpions, Van Halen and Van Hagar. I could eventually see them adding Motley Crue and a little Metallica.

WMGK and WMMR, both great stations. WOGL is a bit cheesy for me, but guess the target audience is a bit over my ager too.

I agree as far as WOGL and the age factor. Every other classic hits station around the US is in my demo focusing on 80s...except for WOGL the city I live in that still plays oldies.

I agree as far as WOGL and the age factor. Every other classic hits station around the US is in my demo focusing on 80s...except for WOGL the city I live in that still plays oldies.

You have WVLT in Vineland, NJ, a pure oldies (and oldstyle) 6,000W FM, don't know how that station still survives.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom