• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Lumberyard 14~Forty Dominates 6+

..at least they dominate KGME, KBMB & KDUS with a record high 0.6 share. YIKES!

Here are the meaningless Top 10 in this all unimportant demo:

1 KEZ/KOOL

2 KSLX

3 KUPD

4 KFYI

5 KMXP

6 KNIX

7 KMLE/KYOT

8 KZZP

9 KZON

10 KTAR/F

Anyone other than Nurse Jeff and me wonder why TMISU don't put the KMVP call letters on 6~Twenty to go with 98~Seven? They're both Sports Parking Lots. Shirley they can find a different four letters for 8~Sixty.

Last edited:
Anyone other than Nurse Jeff and me wonder why TMISU don't put the KMVP call letters on 6~Twenty to go with 98~Seven? They're both Sports Parking Lots. Shirley they can find a different four letters for 8~Sixty.

98.7 is supposed to be KMVP-FM? If that's the case, then they're IDing it wrong. I don't think I've ever heard the "-FM" in their ID. Not that the Friendly Candy Company particularly cares anyway -- after all, they allowed Channel 12 to show its COL as Phoenix-Mesa for decades, until the analog signal was turned off.

10 KTAR/F

"F" is right. News/talk-wannabe-'soccer mom lifestyle' radio format not getting any better on the eve of an election year - Pam's kid Riley is the station's equivalent of Kathie Lee talking about her kid Cody back in the day "Regis & Kathie Lee." I'm sure she's a good kid and all, but why do I need to hear about Riley every freakin' time I turn on the station? Enough already.

Anyone other than Nurse Jeff and me notice KFYI has done better WITHOUT The Nearly Bald One? Absenteeism and paid leave has plummeted this year as well. Anyone think we think about too many things that don't matter here at the Buckeye Media Hut?

And 92.7 is still in mono. Not sure if Mother Hubbard has any plans to feed it in stereo (don't know if 93.3 HD2 is stereo). But the audio quality could be improved, yes. Closed circuit for catfish (lower case "c"): how about posting on how the audio gets from 1440 to 93.3 HD2 and 92.7? Can you feed a mono signal to the Lumberyard and stereo to 93.3 HD2 (which I think is what 92.7 is fed from)?

BTW...this morning (Sun 01/10) on KAZG I heard part of a syndicated show (formerly on KOOL, until they severed ties with Steve Goddard)--"The '70s With Steve Goddard." Don't know when exactly it was on, so "Sunday morning" will have to do. Is the Lumberyard now also running the "Goddard's Gold" syndication (more '60s based)?

Hey catfish, put a bug in Mother Hubbard's ear to hire Goddard for live afternoon drive!

Yeah, that audio makes Ancient Modulation sound pretty good! And how does the feed get from the Londen Center to Lumberyard 14~Forty to 93~Three HD~Two to 92~Seven? Maybe the reason the audio is so lame on the translator is because of all the stops made along the way. It goes more than a 78 year old man with an enlarged prostate!

BTW...this morning (Sun 01/10) on KAZG I heard part of a syndicated show (formerly on KOOL, until they severed ties with Steve Goddard)--"The '70s With Steve Goddard." Don't know when exactly it was on, so "Sunday morning" will have to do. Is the Lumberyard now also running the "Goddard's Gold" syndication (more '60s based)?

Steve posted on Facebook that Goddard's Gold is indeed airing on Lumberyard 1440. Okay, he called it "Oldies 92.7."

Goddard's Gold airs Saturday 9-noon and The 70's with Steve Goddard airs Sunday 9 - noon.

As for the audio on 92.7, that sounds like a Barix box to me. You hear the same artifacts on that LPFM in Mesa that keeps changing format.

It just doesn't have a ring to it...."Lumberyard 92~Seven". Wonder if Mother Hubbard gave the Goldminers an increase in base pay now that the station is heard on 93~Three HD~Two and 92~Seven? They should at the very least be paid more now that the station(s) have cracked a half share in the ratings!

And 92.7 is still in mono. Not sure if Mother Hubbard has any plans to feed it in stereo (don't know if 93.3 HD2 is stereo).

From what I understand, 92.7 has always been mono, even back when it was The Loop (2001), then Energy (2002), The Beat (2008), The Goldmine / Pulse (2012), and Now Lumberyard. When it translated broadcasting from 101.1 or 90.7, the main sources were stereo, perhaps its a Mono stick?

Last edited:
From what I understand, 92.7 has always been mono, even back when it was The Loop (2001), then Energy (2002), The Beat (2008), The Goldmine / Pulse (2012), and Now Lumberyard. When it translated broadcasting from 101.1 or 90.7, the main sources were stereo, perhaps its a Mono stick?

A mono low-power FM signal has fewer dead spots than a stereo one.

Many of those moldy oldies were recorded in mono anyway.

True dat. But Lumberyard 14~Forty is now centered more in the Seventies than the Sixties and should be in Stereo (twice as good as mono, right?). Anyone recall hearing Connie Stevens asking Mr. E Byrnes for his tonsorial equipment?

No sense to broadcast in stereo. With 250 watts it would actually hinder the signal.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom