• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

November Ratings

Nothing doing, except Kicks and Star seem to be way up, River continues to trend downwards, and WABE took a big hit (but WRAS doesn't seem to be the beneficiary). In fact, none of the competitors of Kicks, Star, and River seem to have been impacted either.

You know, the odd part is that while The River is going down, Rock 100.5 is not benefiting from it. Wonder where classic hits fans are going.

The River needs to get the audio squared away. Overcompressed to the degree it's shot full of aliasing distortion (analog AD, read Orban's paper).

Looks like Power is having it's best book since July. And a notch above B98.5.... Wow!

People love to hate on ClearChannel / iHeartMedia almost everywhere I go, but I must admit that I have high respects for them for being the only ones who could create and sustain a successful, WELL DONE top 40 WITH a decent amount of electronic dance music specialty programming - IN Atlanta.

Not only that, but they were also the ones to launch a weekly specialty electronic music program on their CHR's, NATIONWIDE, and continue the success of their CHR'S!

I cannot hate anyone or anything that has the capability of making the impossible possible by taking / sharing my ideas and making them real, despite how unpopular, unheard of and outrageous the idea originally was to the experts, non experts, and much of the general public. Not only that, but they were also able to produce a station that can challenge the other station that (allegedly) had the only possible top 40 format that could work in Atlanta.

The wonders never cease.

Hopefully Power begins to make other (CHR) stations seem Powerless.

You know, the odd part is that while The River is going down, Rock 100.5 is not benefiting from it. Wonder where classic hits fans are going.

Yesterday 97.1 ‘s voice over was promoting “Atlanta’s biggest (or largest) play list” or something like that. Are they really going are from the tested 300 or 400 song play list that has worked so well? The only guess I have 92.9 picking up some of 97.1 folks due to football?

Jeff Dauler leaving "The Bert Show" had something to do with Q100's slip.

B98.5 better apply more war paint if they want to keep The Fish at bay, 'cause they've been swarming!

(Ironically for me...this is my second market with a radio station at 104.7; in Fairbanks, that originally belonged to KUAC until they moved to the non-commercial 89.9 in 1998 (with rock station "The Edge" inheriting the frequency))

Jeff Dauler leaving "The Bert Show" had something to do with Q100's slip.

Nah. I think Q100 being a lame station overall had a LOT to do with Q100's slip. Power 96.1 is simply a better product, and Star 94 is sounding better these days.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom