• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

EZ Listening Christmas Music

arit

New Participating Member
Can anyone point me the right direction. I enjoy the Easy Listening Christmas Music that was played on WRFM, WPAT, WGAY. Anyone know of a web stream playing same.

Thanks

Well, so much for iHeart. I couldn't get theirs to work on my TiVo but turns out it's not that good anyway. I found the format online and decided to listen on the desktop, and the first song was that ridiculous John Lennon song. So I need to be able to turn it off when something bad is played. There was no sense in my having to put up with that. There must be something, somewhere, that actually sounds good.

Okay, most of the songs are good and there are no commercials. The iHeart radio station, if they have a commercial break soon after I turn it on in the car, will not be finished with commercials anytime soon.

I do wonder what's paying for this. I don't see any display ads when I go there to turn it off for the bad songs.

Last edited:
I've been listening a couple of hours and only heard three songs that made me consider turning it off. That's better than America's Best Music when they go all-Christmas. Now I'm hearing "Feliz Navidad" and although I'd prefer not to, it's not so bad and I'm actually more willing to listen to songs that aren't that good.

There seems to be a lot of repetition.

I was trying not to start a new topic, but the original poster was looking for "beautiful Music", which could be called "EZ listening". What I'm looking for, and seem to have found, is "adult standards", which is also a type of "EZ listening".

I suggest you try the KAHM stream. Currently, every 3rd or 4th song is a Christmas
song. That will increase as we get closer to the big day. The stream costs $10.00
per month and works very well. I doubt you'll be disappointed........

I suggest you try the KAHM stream. Currently, every 3rd or 4th song is a Christmas
song. That will increase as we get closer to the big day. The stream costs $10.00
per month and works very well. I doubt you'll be disappointed........
I'm not paying for anything. There's plenty of free music.

I'm not paying for anything. There's plenty of free music.

Internet radio is only free in the sense you don't have to pay for it. Somebody is ultimately paying for you to be able to receive it for free.

Internet radio is only free in the sense you don't have to pay for it. Somebody is ultimately paying for you to be able to receive it for free.
Yes, but as long as it's free to me, I'm not paying.

Though I did buy an actual radio after seeing it advertised online, but that gives me the freedom to listen to actual stations at home (okay, one NPR show) without turning on the computer, and to take the radio along rather than some device I don't have when I go on vacation. Both old radios have problems.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom