• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KFMB-FM and KYXY both go all Christmas

philosofy

Frequent Participant
Jack started the move to Christmas music on Monday and is now calling itself Jack Frost. I also noticed yesterday afternoon that KYXY had joined them in the festivities. With Gina Landau being gone, and I presume the driving force to move Jack to CHR earlier this year, is there a possible flip in the future once Jack Frost stops sending out holiday music in a few weeks?

Doubt it. There is already tons of CHR radio stations in San Diego. Besides, KFMB is in a joint operating agreement with Local Media San Diego, who already owns XHITZ-FM (Z90.3) which is already a CHR station to begin with. There is also iHeart's KHTS-FM (Channel 93.3) and CBS's KEGY-FM (Energy 103.7), so that's probably enough Top 40 stations to go to in San Diego. But, KFMB would return to CHR, because they were Top 40 before as B100, but I doubt it. :confused:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom