• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Swear words on Sirius XM?

I was just wondering if Sirius XM uses swear words, not usually found on the radio, due to clean edits. I know the kids channels are clean, like Radio Disney, that's for sure, but what about the others, such as Sirius XM Hits 1? I also know that the real deal station feeds are clean (Z100 & KIIS-FM). Just wondering ;)

I was just wondering if Sirius XM uses swear words, not usually found on the radio, due to clean edits. I know the kids channels are clean, like Radio Disney, that's for sure, but what about the others, such as Sirius XM Hits 1? I also know that the real deal station feeds are clean (Z100 & KIIS-FM). Just wondering ;)

Clean edits on Hits 1, too. Only the channels with "XL" before their names in the on-screen display are supposed to be airing obscenities, but I've heard unedited tracks on the eclectic Loft and Spectrum, too. Both of those channels are pushing the new Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats album pretty hard, and both are playing a song from it called "S.O.B." What Rateliff sings is the actual phrase, not the letters. I'm sure that if this track ever made it to Radio Disney, it would be scrubbed clean.

Clean edits on Hits 1, too. Only the channels with "XL" before their names in the on-screen display are supposed to be airing obscenities, but I've heard unedited tracks on the eclectic Loft and Spectrum, too. Both of those channels are pushing the new Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats album pretty hard, and both are playing a song from it called "S.O.B." What Rateliff sings is the actual phrase, not the letters. I'm sure that if this track ever made it to Radio Disney, it would be scrubbed clean.

I've heard language on Venus and SiriusXM FLY as well. Really wish they'd keep to the "XL rule" but they don't.

I had the "family" version of Sirius because I wasn't interested in Howard Stern and dirty rap lyrics. But some of the rock channels have cursing both in song lyrics and in voice overs. Ozzy's Boneyard is bad about it. But one of the worst offenders in Mojo Nixon on Outlaw Country. He is a serious potty mouth. I've heard him say some stuff that would make a sailor blush. Plus I've also heard some really dirty X-rated music being played. I've had it happen when my mom was in the car.

Hey everyone, this is a subscription service.
Would anyone buy content edited recordings?
You are buying music when you buy SXM, so why would less be expected?
When Saul Levine of Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters asked, "Why should how a radio station is funded allow them to avoid FCC programming restrictions", he was laughed all the way back to his little mountain.
Do you suppose the listeners who enjoy certain artists and songs want their music to be chopped up, or could it be those around them who do not like that music and would not care to listen whether it is adulterated, mutilated, illegitimitized, or not?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom